Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CORSU)
Duty Station: Kisubi, Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Plastic Surgery and Training Director, MMed programme
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Job Summary: The Administrative Coordinator will co-ordinate the programs within the Department of Plastic Surgery. The incumbent also co-ordinate and support the development of new programs with the department. This job ensures the smooth running of programmes within the department and effective service provision by the team members.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of managing the Smile Train program. This will involve coordinating with the Smile train office; the cleft programme mobiliser, accounts department, fund raising and the surgeons
- Ensuring that all cleft patient data and photos is appropriately collected and uploaded to Smile train express
- Regular correspondence with Smile Train involving the writing and submitting reports grant applications as well as attendant reports.
- Coordinate the Burns reconstruction program including the collation of data and reporting to Giving-hope-worldwide
- In charge of developing new funding and collaborative opportunities for the plastic & reconstructive department
- In charge of managing collaborative opportunities for the plastic & reconstructive department
- Coordinating the CORSU office of the MMed program; including liaising with the administrator at Mbarara, MUST and the MMed students.
- Coordinating Interface Uganda relationship with CORSU; including writing reports
- Organising the visiting surgeons – medical registration, accommodation, transport
- Develop the Aesthetic Surgery information leaflets
- Development of a web site for the department especially the cosmetic service.
- Coordinate the development of a Microsurgery Skills laboratory
- Writing of patient stories for fundraising and communication
- Assist in developing research within the Department of Plastic Surgery
- Work closely with CORSU administration staff in matters relating to the Plastic Surgery department
- In the preparation and submission of appropriate reports
- Minuting of departmental and its related meetings
- Manage the accounting aspects within the department
- Active involvement in strategic planning for the department
- Assist in developing budgets and makes requisition for requirements in the department.
- Administrative duties relevant to departmental work
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the CORSU Administrative Coordinator career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree in project management, personal relations, fund raising, business administration
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication (articulate and polite, assertive,), presentation and social skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Able to work on own initiative, prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Highly reliable and able to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of rehabilitation of people with disabilities especially children
- Knowledge of Protocols and standards of Rehabilitation Services
- Needs to be flexible and creative person
- Good sense of judgment;
- High degree of confidentiality
- Enthusiastic with the desire to become involved and develop in the role.
- Knowledge of English
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. Box 46 Kisubi, Uganda or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 26th September, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline