Job Title: Administration Manager
Organization: Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Human Resource Officer
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd was incorporated in March 2001 under the Companies Act, 2012 on the basis of the Public Enterprises Reform and Divestiture Act, Cap 98 and Electricity Act, Cap 145 respectively. UEGCL is wholly owned by the Government of the Republic of Uganda. UEGCL’s key role is to - carry on the business of electric power generation and sale within Uganda or for export to neighbouring countries; build, operate and maintain Electricity Generation Plants; monitor the operation and maintenance of its Concessioned Assets - Nalubaale and Kiira Power Stations; provide Technical Support as and when required by the Government of the Republic of Uganda through the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development; organize, support, encourage and maintain training facilities in technical and related fields, amongst others.
Job Summary: The Administration Manager is mainly responsible for the overall management and coordination of the administrative services of UEGCL including property management, Insurance, transport as well as logistical support to the Projects. The incumbent serves as principle point of administrative contact and liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design, review and implement administrative policies and procedures in accordance to UEGCL Strategic direction.
· The jobholder will also design, monitor and implement systems that promote effective Property Management at all UEGCL Facilities in accordance with the Property Management Policy.
· Develop and Review administration strategies and Budget in line with UEGCL policies and procedures.
· Design, Monitor and Implement systems that promote efficiency in fleet management
· Plan, Monitor and Implement procedures that promote good contract management of all service providers.
· Design and implement systems that promote efficiency in usage of administrative services like fuel and vehicle utilisation.
· Design and implement systems that promote energy efficiency in usage of administrative equipment’s like Photo copiers, Computers, telephones.
· Build, mentor, coach and develop capacity of administration and transport staff into a competent team.
· Maintain and improve the organisation’s facilities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration and Management
· Additional qualifications in relevant professional field will be an added advantage
· At least five (5) years’ post qualification relevant experience in private or public sector at a senior management level
· Demonstrated leadership and negotiation skills
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Good communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and high level of integrity
· Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with copies of their academic documents and detailed CVs indicating two referees and their full addresses physically to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Uganda Electricity Generation Company Ltd (UEGCL),
3rd Floor, UEDCL Tower,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road P.O. Box 7583, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 23rd September, 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline