Job Title: Accounts Officer
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains (REACH) project
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Reports to: Finance Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
About REACH Project:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) has submitted a proposal for the REACH (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) project to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kampala, Uganda. The project will improve market engagement for 40,000 market oriented farmers, strengthen household resilience and increase availability of agricultural support services for farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains in consideration of their strategic importance to the Government of Uganda and EKN.
Job Summary: The Accounts Officer will provide financial and administrative management support for the Project. The incumbent will mainly be responsible for supporting the finance manager to ensure that funds are spent compliantly and reasonable within the limits of pre-agreed budgets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make sure that all project financial data is kept up-date and that interested parties get accurate and timely feedbacks/reports
- Provide accurate coding at transaction level to ensure that expenditure monitoring is accurate and data is captured in the right cost and sub-cost centers
- Support the Finance Manager in preparing draft financial reports to be reviewed internally, before submission to HQ/donors.
- Maintains files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, and other miscellaneous filings
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey financial information and/or to correct transactions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Accounts Officer job opportunity should be a certified Public Accountant 1 section 3, or equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field including Accounting, Commerce or Financial Management
- A minimum of three years’ working experience in a similar position with an international organization
- Highly motivated, energetic, independent self-starter with strong communication skills
- Demonstrate strong proficiency in accounting software packages
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure, deliver quality results and meet deadlines
- Honesty and integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline