Job Title: Accountant
Organization: Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Finance and Accounting
The Uganda AIDS Commission (UAC) was established in 1992 by an Act of Parliament (Cap 208) and is situated under the Presidency of the Republic of Uganda. The Act provides for the Commission to Oversee, Plan and Coordinate AIDS Prevention and Control activities throughout Uganda - in particular to mobilize, expedite and monitor resources for the HIV/AIDS control programmes and activities.
Job Summary: The Accountant will provide financial and accounting services in UAC in accordance with financial regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and submit periodic financial statements and reports ;
· Prepare and reconcile bank statements to iron out discrepancies with the cash book;
· Conduct daily financial adjustments from vouchers and ledgers ;
· Provide answers to audit queries and inquiries to Director Finance and Accounts ;
· Mentor and supervise Accounts Assistants and evaluate their performance;
· Process and effect staff payments in time;
· Process and effect payments for goods and services:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UAC Accountant job opportunity should hold an Honors Bachelor’s Degree in either Commerce (Accounting option) or Business Administration
· (Accounting option) or Business Studies (Accounting option) or Finance and Accounting from a recognized Institution;
· The applicant must also hold full professional qualification in Accountancy such as ACCA, CPA, ACIS and CPE obtained from a recognized awarding Institution/body accredited by ICPAU.
· A minimum of six years’ experience as an Accountant in public or a reputable private organisation.
· Skills and knowledge of financial management
· Good information and communications technology skills
· Concern for quality and standards
· Good coaching and mentoring skills
· High degree of ethics and Integrity
· Ability to communicate effectively
· Good team work
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should provide a cover letter expressing interest in the job, a detailed CV, including names, addresses, and phone contacts of three professional referees, copies of professional/educational certificates and send it to:
The Director General, Uganda AIDS Commission, Plot 1-3 Salim Bay Road Ntinda, and P.O Box 10779, Kampala. Uganda OR hand deliver the application to its offices indicated above from 8.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline