Organisation: Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Statistician
Job Ref: UBOS/AAS/E/16
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the Production, Coordination and Dissemination of Official Statistics. The Bureau intends to conduct the Annual Agricultural Survey 2016/17.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Enumerators will locate the structures and households in the sample which are assigned to him/her and complete the Household Questionnaire;
· The incumbent will interview all eligible members in the households assigned to him/her, using the Questionnaire;
· Ensure that all questionnaires are filled accurately
· Responsible for the safety of all survey materials allocated
· Make the necessary preparation for the fieldwork
· Administer the respective questionnaire to all selected households
· Edit and cross check errors in the collected data
· Prepare and submit field reports
· Responsible for all survey materials allocated
· Submit duly completed questionnaires to the relevant authority
· Should be physically fit to walk long distances
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the Enumerator jobs must at least hold a Uganda Advanced Certificate Education with credit in math and English at O’level.
· The applicant should have participated in agricultural and/or socio-economic survey data collection exercises for at least 2 months.
· Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added advantage;
· Evidence of maturity, friendliness and willingness to work away from home for periods of approximately 2 months’ fieldwork;
· Computer literacy skills
· Strong numerical and analytical skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Good leadership and team building skills.
· The Enumerators must be fluent, both written and oral, in at least one of these local languages: Ateso, Luganda, Lugbara, Luo, Ngakarimojong, Runyankole – Rukiga, Runyoro – Rutoro, Lusoga, Lumasaaba;
· Age: Between 22 – 45 years
Duration: Six months
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by submitting relevant copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF at least maximum of 1 MB) at the link below.
Click Here (Please carefully read the instructions before you proceed to apply)
Deadline: 5th September, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline