Job Title: Operator Assembly Line (5 Career Jobs)
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader Assembly Line
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Operator Assembly Line will actively participate in the TV Assembly process, bundling and final Quality checks at the Main Warehouse in line with TV Assembly procedures and instructions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and accomplish work/assignments by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and component lists; gathering components, tools, and materials
· Assemble components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts with the right hardware/software.
· Resolve assembly problems by altering settings to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources where necessary.
· Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Maintain targeted quantity supply of inventory to the Assembly line.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants must have attained formal training i.e. Advanced level with at least two (2) subsidiary passes at ‘A’ level attained in the same sitting.
· ICT as a subsidiary at A level have an added advantage
· Previous experience involving use of a keyboard with skills in MS word & Excel, internet is a plus
· Highly flexible and able to switch roles whenever required
· Able to work in shifts including night shift whenever operations demand
· Able to work under pressure with a positive attitude and minimum supervision
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Good problem solving skills
· Age: Below 25 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to with the subject “Operator Assembly Line” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 23rd September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline