Job Title: Accountants (5 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Tembo Steels (U) Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tembo Steels (U) Ltd is a leading manufacturer of quality steel products in Uganda (East Africa). Our office is situated at crane chambers, 8th floor, Kampala with production plants in Lugazi and Iganga.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering all transactions in the system on a daily basis.
- Writing payment Vouchers and maintain approval level in line with established level of process and procedures.
- Reconcile cash and cheque collections on a daily basis with cashier and report any discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Review of accounts payables/ creditors list, issue of statements to purchasing staff on Monthly basis and carry out reconciliation of Supplier accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and maintain updated bank report on timely basis.
- Regularly review of accounts receivables /Debtors List, issue statements to marketing staff on demand and carry out reconciliation of client accounts.
- Ensure statutory deductions are made on time i.e. PAYE, NSSF and VAT and reconcile to the ledgers.
- Follow-up payment acknowledgement and obtain receipts from service providers.
- In charge of filling of accounting records /documents including payment vouchers, receipts and bank payments.
- Maintain advance register updated and prepare monthly report on outstanding advances.
- Prepare a report of payments issued in advance to suppliers, material received and outstanding material on weekly and monthly basis.
- Periodically prepare creditors’ and debtors’ reports for Management decision
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates must hold Bachelor’s degrees in accounting from recognized universities / institutions.
- Level 2 and 3 qualification of ACCA/CPA is desirable.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar role.
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Ms. Excel, accounting software preferably Tally .
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications accompanied by relevant academic testimonials, curriculum vitae with names and contact details of three (3) referees can be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline