Job Title: Office Assistants (3 A’ Level Jobs)
Organisation: International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Project Name: Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains (REACH) project
Funding Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Reports to: Grants and Administration Manager / Regional Coordinator
Duty Station: Kampala, Mbale or Kabale, Uganda
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a public international organization (PIO) governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise.
About REACH Project:
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) has submitted a proposal for the REACH (Resilient Efficient Agribusiness Chains) project to the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Kampala, Uganda. The project will improve market engagement for 40,000 market oriented farmers, strengthen household resilience and increase availability of agricultural support services for farmers and businesses in the rice and potato value chains in consideration of their strategic importance to the Government of Uganda and EKN.
Job Summary: The Office Assistants will be responsible for maintaining an efficient office environment and provide administrative, secretarial and clerical support to others in the office as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Office Assistant will keep office area clean and tidy
- Cordially welcome public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member
- Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member, take and distribute messages
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail for distribution
- Faxing, scanning and copying of documents
- Maintain office filing and storage systems
- Offer support in event planning and implementation
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Perform work related errands as requested such as going to the post office and bank
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Office Assistant job placement should hold an A’ level certificate or Diploma or a College certificate in Office Administration will be an added an advantage
- A minimum of three years’ experience in similar position with an international organization
- Competent computer skills including MS Office Suite.
- Internet skills including use of e-mails, group messaging and information gathering
- Basic numerical and literacy skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage assignments/tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving ability
- Ability to work under minimal supervision; attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) should Apply Online by clicking on the link below. Follow the instructions on how to create resume and Apply.
Deadline: 3rd October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline