Organisation: Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: QA/QC coordinator
Position Number: MUWRP-023/016
The Makerere University Walter Reed Project (MUWRP) is a non-profit HIV research program that was established in 2002 as a result of a memorandum of understanding between Makerere University and The Henry M. Jackson foundation for Advancement of Military Medicine Inc. of USA (HJF). The primary purpose of MUWRP is to develop, evaluate and provide interventions to mitigate disease threats of public health importance to Uganda. Activities include; vaccine development and building of vaccine testing capability in Uganda, conducting of epidemiological and basic research and provision of HIV Treatment, care and support in Kayunga, Mukono and Buvuma Districts.
Job Summary: The Quality Assurance/Quality Control Officer will be responsible for maintaining QC/QA activities for research projects based at Nakasero research site.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will work closely with the Study coordinator and the PI to ensure that study activities and processes are conducted as per protocol and related SOPs
· Ensure that CRFs are correctly, accurately and promptly filled by the clinic research team before presentation for data entry
· The incumbent will evaluate and respond to quality events, incidents, queries, and complaints as they arise in real time
· Keep up to date with all related quality and research ethics legislation and compliance issues
· Work closely with the quality coordinator and regulatory affair office to compile and prepare materials for submission to regulatory agencies.
· Establish and document internal quality assurance and quality control processes/procedures.
· Utilize guidance documents (SOPs, MOPs, research protocol, etc), local and international standards, or consensus standards to support the research teams to conduct all research procedures as expected.
· Carry out the day to day quality control audits and promptly communicate the findings to the appropriate stakeholders
· Communicate any critical compliance risks noted from these activities to the Principle Investigator and or senior management.
· Prepare a weekly QC/QA updates for discussion in the weekly research meetings.
· Identify and coordinate the resolution of data queries as they happen
· Determine relevant data quality training requirements and assist with staff training
· Work with staff of various departments to ensure quality data for all conducted research and address any queries or data anomalies with relevant staff.
· Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor/designee.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should at least hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine or Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery or a health related field.
· At least two years relevant experience in Quality Control/Quality Assurance in a research setting.
· Good writing and presentation skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong leadership and communication skills.
· Fluency in verbal and written English and Luganda.
· Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated/driven.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Working well in a team
· Have a fair working knowledge of quality assurance and control procedures, regulations as they relate to medical research.
· Possesses the ability to train all levels of staff in Quality Control/Assurance
· Ability to work in teams, motivate, influence data staff and manage time and projects.
· Organizational, planning, research and problem solving skills.
· Must be detail-oriented and understand the importance and benefits of data quality.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to present findings and recommendations
· Ability to work as a part of a team and interact with data users and managers
· Strong statistical and numerical ability
· Possess technical skills necessary to work with computer systems such as knowledge of office software such as Microsoft word, excel and access.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should download the application form, download here, attach it together with application letters, CVs, Photocopies of academic qualifications and three professional referees. The position number (Check top of advert) and preferred location should clearly be stated in the application letter.
Please send applications to:
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Makerere University Walter Reed Project
Plot 42 Nakasero Road.
P.O. Box 16524 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 19th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline