Job Title: Driver (3 Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Uganda Multi-sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Programme (UMFSNP)
Funding Source: Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
The Government of Uganda received a grant from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP) towards implementation of the Uganda Multi-sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Programme (UMFSNP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase production and consumption of nutrient-rich foods and utilization (ff community-based nutrition services in smallholder households in project areas. The project will innovatively use the primary schools under the universal primary education programme as a transfer pathway for both agriculture and health based nutrition friendly technologies and services. The project will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF), Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Education and Sports (MOES) and 15 receptive District Local Government (DLGs), in a phased approach.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of driving to authorized destinations/journeys.
- Responsible for ensuring regular maintenance and servicing of the vehicle.
- Logging journeys made, fuel filled and repairs done.
- Ensuring safe custody of the vehicle.
- Carrying only authorized passengers.
- The Driver will ensure that the vehicle is regularly cleaned.
- Obeying all traffic regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must at least hold an O’ level certificate with a credit in English.
- A minimum of five years’ experience with a reputable organization.
- Basic knowledge in Mechanics and a Certificate in mechanics will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send sealed application letters, curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents either by hand or email addressed to;
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries,
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe-UGANDA
Email to: email@example.com
The Head Procurement and Disposal unit Procurement and Disposal Unit Office,
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue
- Please indicate the position being applied for and preferred district Local Government on top of the envelope. (Check top of advert for districts)
- All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration Form as confirmation of delivery of the application.
Deadline: Monday, 10th October, 2016 by 4pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline