Job Title: Driver (3 Job Placements)
Organization: National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO)
Duty Station: Nabuin ZARDI –Nakapiripirit, NaSAARI – Serere and Kachwekano - Kabale, Uganda
The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Undertaking routine and preventive maintenance of motor vehicle by checking and topping-up the level of petrol, oil, water, battery electrodes and tyre pressure before operating the vehicle.
· Regularly cleaning and polishing the vehicle, changing tyres as well as making minor repairs or adjustments.
· Driving motor vehicle (car and van) to transport directors, staff, clients and others to designated locations.
· Carrying out miscellaneous errands such as collecting and delivering mail and other items as well as buying goods, supplies and consumer items.
· Loading and offloading baggage, goods and other material supplies with due regard to the safety of other people.
· Updating and maintaining records of the motor vehicle’s daily activity showing journey, mileage, petrol, oil and signature of authorising officer to account for all the journeys made.
· Regulating the radio, heating, lighting and ventilation system for passenger comfort.
· Observing traffic and safety precautions in order to prevent accidents and to avoid traffic violations. In addition, undertakes first aid in case of injuries.
· Reporting motor vehicle accident to the traffic police and the Maintenance Officer, obtaining police abstract report and completing insurance accident report form in conformance to traffic rules and regulations.
· Responsible for requisitioning for petrol, lubricants and spare parts and maintaining a record accounting for the same.
· Taking the motor vehicle for major service or repairs in accordance to planned preventive maintenance schedule or insurance accident report.
· Assisting in performing miscellaneous tasks such as photocopying documents and cleaning the compound when not driving.
· Performing any other duties assigned to you by the immediate supervisor/Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Drivers must possess a driving Permit without any endorsements (Valid driving permit with at least three classes: DL, CM and B plus a Uganda Certificate of Education (“O” Level) with a least four passes including English Language.
· At least five years relevant experience driving cars and omni-buses.
· Age: Below 45 years
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applications to the Director General, NARO, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include three copies of your Curriculum Vitae and one copy of certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy (Check at top of the advert). The applicants should not apply for more than three posts.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline