Organization: National Agricultural Research Organisation (NARO)
Duty Station: NaCORI - Mukono, Bulindi ZARDI – Hoima and Rwebitaba ZARDI – Kyenjojo , Uganda
The National Agricultural Research Organisation is established by the National Agricultural Research Act 2005 as a body corporate with the mandate to provide strategic direction for publically funded agricultural research in Uganda. The organisation is composed of the Council as its governing body, Committees of Council, a Secretariat for its day-to-day operations with semi-autonomous Public Agricultural Research Institutes (PARI’s) under its policy guidance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will plan and direct development and communication of informational programs to maintain favorable public and stakeholder perceptions of the institute.
· The jobholder will also gather, package and edit newsletters, reports, journals, technical reports, posters, brochures, internet web pages and other publications for internal and external audiences
· Coordinate production of advertisements and dissemination of appropriate technologies, prepare quarterly progress and annual reports for the institute.
· The incumbent will plan and develop informational materials and implement activities designed to improve community and employee understanding and acceptance of the institute’s policies, objectives, strategies and services.
· Build and strengthen collaborative partnerships with intermediaries and other sector institutions including international organizations.
· Actively participate in multidisciplinary teams to develop, implement and evaluate strategic management plans, in order to improve performance standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication with a bias to Development Communication.
· Possession of a Master’s degree in related field will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in development communication in a reputable organization.
· Age: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join NARO are encouraged to send their applications to the Director General, NARO, P.O. Box 295, Entebbe, Uganda.
The complete applications should include three copies of your Curriculum Vitae and one copy of certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents. The application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the vacancy (Check at top of the advert). The applicants should not apply for more than three posts.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline