Organisation: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Uganda Multi-sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Programme (UMFSNP)
Funding Source: Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP)
Duty Station: Kampala and Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Ministry Project Focal Points
The Government of Uganda received a grant from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP) towards implementation of the Uganda Multi-sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Programme (UMFSNP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase production and consumption of nutrient-rich foods and utilization (ff community-based nutrition services in smallholder households in project areas. The project will innovatively use the primary schools under the universal primary education programme as a transfer pathway for both agriculture and health based nutrition friendly technologies and services. The project will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF), Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Education and Sports (MOES) and 15 receptive District Local Government (DLGs), in a phased approach.
Job Summary: The Assistant Program Officer will support the Project Focal Point Officers in the Ministries of; Health, Education and Sports and Agriculture to meet project implementation targets on time.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will work closely with the respective line Ministry departments to ensure consistency of project activities with project planning and reporting instruments.
- In charge of the preparation of annual and quarterly work plans and reports
- Recording minutes of meetings
- Organizing for meetings with stakeholders
- Following up key action points
- Responsible for mobilizing stakeholders to participate in project meetings, field activities, monitoring and reporting.
- Preparing regular activity Reports,
- Maintaining project data and equipment
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Project Focal Point
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold an Honour’s degree in one of the following: Agricultural Sciences, Food Science and Technology, Project Management, Nutrition, Education, Health, Environmental Studies, Community Development or related areas from a reputable university/institution.
- Additional training in agriculture or projecf management is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience with Government, Development Partners and other stakeholders in developing and implementing programs and projects.
- Prior experience in community Development and budgeting cycles of Government.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send sealed application letters, curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents either by hand or email addressed to;
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries,
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe-UGANDA
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Head Procurement and Disposal unit Procurement and Disposal Unit Office,
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue
- Please indicate the position being applied for and preferred district Local Government on top of the envelope. (Check top of advert for districts)
- All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration Form as confirmation of delivery of the application.
Deadline: Monday, 10th October, 2016 by 4pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline