Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CORSU)
Duty Station: Kisubi, Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Rehabilitation Services
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Job Summary: The Volunteer Clinical Psychologist will be part of a team that develops and implements appropriate psycho-social therapy services to clients undergoing rehabilitation at CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and their attendants as well as CoRSU staff members. The incumbent provide CoRSU patients, attendants and or caregivers with relevant information under the guidance of a clinical psychologist in house, on the prevention of disability to promote a better quality of life and social inclusion of people with disability in their communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with clients on a one-to-one basis, group, community or special setting based on their levels of function and severity of disability.
- Provides timely psycho-social therapy consultation under the guidance of the in house clinical psychologist, support and update about the clients’ progress and status to caregivers and all those involved in the rehabilitation team.
- Provides counseling services under the guidance of the in house clinical psychologist and other short term psychotherapeutic services to clients in individual, family, and group settings.
- Carries out home visits with the CBR team to assess individual, family and community psychosocial needs.
- Ensure up to date record keeping including case preparation, keeping continuous counseling notes and daily records, and prepare periodic reports under the guidance of the in house clinical psychologist.
- Participates in the development of training materials under the guidance of the in house clinical psychologist and capacity building of staff to enable the staff to address basic psycho-social client needs.
- Refer clients to the respective specialists for consultation and appropriate intervention under the guidance of the in house clinical psychologist.
- Ensure proper handling of department equipment during, and after use.
- Actively participate in developing and or updating psychotherapy-specific rehabilitation protocols under the guidance of the in house clinical psychologist.
- Works in liaison with the heads of department to mobilise trainers (resource persons), patients and attendants for the IEC trainings.
- Takes part in scheduling IEC trainings for the year under the guidance of the in house clinical psychologist.
- Compiles IEC training reports prepared by the IEC trainers (resource persons) under the guidance of the in house clinical psychologist.
- Actively participates in development and review of IEC training materials under the guidance of the in house clinical psychologist
- Participates in review meetings concerning IEC trainings with parents and or attendants.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the CORSU Volunteer Clinical Psychologist should hold a Bachelors of Community Psychology
- A minimum of two years of related work experience.
NB: Capable People with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications) to The Head of Human Resources, CoRSU Hospital P.O. Box 46 Kisubi, Uganda or email to email@example.com.
Deadline: 26th September, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline