Job Title: Programme Officer (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: Restless Development
Project Name: Get up Speak Out programme (GUSO)
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Programme Coordinator
Salary: UGX 15,519,635 Gross Annual
Restless Development is an international non-profit organization which is embarking on becoming the global banner carrier for youth-led development; demonstrating at the grassroots and policy levels that young people can and must play a lead role in development. Over the past five years, Restless Development has more than tripled the size of its budgets and programmes, and has been repeatedly cited as a model of best practice in youth-led development by the World Bank, DFID, UNICEF and others.
Restless Development is leading community initiatives that empower young people to adopt safe sexual reproductive behaviours, participate in decision making processes and generate sustainable livelihoods. One of those initiatives is dance4life. Based on positive experience from the implementation of dance4life within the United For Health Tomorrow (UFHT) and Attitude Skills and Knowledge (ASK) programmes, Restless Development will be working with other SRH&R alliance partners and dance4life International to design the Get up Speak Out programme (GUSO). The five year programme will target young people in and out of school with an integrated Sexual Reproductive Health and Reproductive Rights, Civic Participation and livelihoods, and will be implemented through a peer educator model in Jinja and Mayuge districts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Programme Preparation, implementation and Monitoring: 30% Working with the Programme Coordinator, the Programme Officer will:
· Support the planning and implementation of the Get up Speak out Programme.
· Plan and deliver a comprehensive community sensitisation, secure accommodation, target schools and youth groups
· Plan and deliver adequate training for the peer educators
· Support peer educators to design and implement work plans in the target communities
· Regularly monitor and evaluate project progress on regular basis to respond to opportunities and challenges
· Ensure that peer educators collect appropriate monitoring data and report on time
· People Performance Management and development
· Ensure that all peer educators’ community placements have work plans
· Continually support and supervise the outputs of the peer educators through monthly support and mentorship visits to the community placements
· Provide discipline, care and guidance in an approachable, supportive and helpful way to all peer educators on an equal basis to ensure their safety and welfare.
· Compilation of security and risk assessments reports
· Ensure that peer educators uphold health and safety policies
· Manage and offer follow up support on Peer Educators (PE) incidents and emergency issues
· Act as the contact person in dealing with arising issues in the communities
· Follow Restless Development Health and Safety Procedures at all times especially in case of emergency issues.
Networking and partnership: 15%
· Ensure that key staff at the District Local Government and Sub-County Offices have a clear understanding of Restless Development programmes
· Identify opportunities for joint activities with District Local Government staff (e.g. shared workshops )
· The incumbent will identify opportunities for joint activities with development agencies in related fields within the district
· Establish formal partnerships with target schools
· Represent Restless Development Uganda at meetings with government and NGO partners as required
Peer Educators’ Management, support and welfare: 15%
· Carry out community risk assessment to identify the key risks, how they can be mitigated and managed.
· Ensure peer educators are trained in the health and safety procedures
· Ensure that peer educators understand and adhere to the Restless Development code of conduct
· Report all peer Educators incidents in line with Restless Development health & safety policies and procedures
· Provide discipline, care and guidance in an approachable, supportive way to all the peer educators
· Assist peer educators in managing challenges faced in the communities.
Finance Management: 10%
· Ensure appropriate use and accounting of funds by peer educators.
· Ensure adherence to Restless Development Uganda’s financial policies by peer educators.
· Ensure all finances are accounted for in time according to Restless Development Uganda`s financial policies
Other 5% Other duties as required. Occasionally working on weekends and holidays for which time off in lieu can be taken
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the 2 Restless Development Programme Officer jobs must possess a Graduate level degree in relevant field of study
· A minimum of two years’ experience in relevant field (Education, Livelihood, SRHR and working with young people)
· At least two years’ experience in managing training and programme design
· Previous exposure and experience in training and programme management
· Excellent IT, written and verbal communication skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English
· Broad knowledge and understanding of contemporary development issues particularly those related to young people in Eastern Uganda
· Show strong personal commitment to and willingness to uphold the values, aims of Restless Development
· Proven ability to analyse problems and make sound operational decisions.
· The applicant must be results-orientated, highly self-motivated and have demonstrated analytical skills.
· The successful candidate will thrive in a multi-cultural environment as part of a rapidly growing and developing organization and be personally committed to Restless Development’s mission and values.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application, form, download here and send it to: email@example.com, stating the vacancy job title as Uganda - GUSO Programme Officer.
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline