Job Title: Data Officer (2 Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation
Project Name: USAID/Uganda Voucher Plus Activity
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: Regional Coordinator
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation - Uganda (Baylor -Uganda) is a private not for profit NGO that provides: HIV/AIDS care, treatment and prevention services; maternal child health services; Health Professional training and Clinical Research.
About USAID Project:
Baylor-Uganda is a partner in the year sub-grant from Abt Associates under the USAID/Uganda Voucher Plus Activity. The goal of the USAID project is to expand access to and the quality of health services for pregnant women including maternal mid-child care, facility-based delivery and postpartum planning through the private sector.
Job Summary: The Data Officer will strengthen the capacity of health workers to utilise national HMIS for data collection and reporting and use of data for decision making in private health facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer timely technical support and monitor use of national HMIS as per MOH HMIS guidelines
· Ensure availability of standard HMIS registers and reporting tools at all supported facilities including voucher client data collection tools.
· The Data Officer will support health facilities to compile and submit accurate HMIS reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) through DHIS2 as per MOH timelines.
· Collaborate/work closely with district HMIS focal persons/Biostaticians to ensure timely entry of submitted facility data into the DHIS system
· The jobholder will also support health facilities to collect, manage, store and perform site level data analysis and use of data for decision making to improve service delivery as per MOH guidelines
· The Dat officer will work closely with the project team to ensure timely and accurate entry of training and mentorship data into the project capacity building database
· Carry out data validation to assure internal consistency and validity of health facility and work closely with the project team to address any identified data quality gaps.
· Participate in scheduled semi-annual data quality assessments at supported health facilities to identify and address any underlying data quality issues.
· The Data Officer will support the Regional Coordinator to analyse data and provide necessary information for Baylor internal reporting as per Abt reporting guidelines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Data Officer jobs should have a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics or population studies or related field
· A minimum of two to three years’ experience in; Monitoring and evaluation of health programs with a special focus on family planning, maternal and child health.
· Past experience working with USAID funded projects is an added advantage.
· Additional training, mentoring and coaching of medical records personnel and other health workers on HMIS data management and use of the Ministry of Health DHIS2 system especially in the areas of data entry, manipulation, analysis, reporting and retrieval Computer literacy i.e. experience using data processing and analysis packages such as Excel, SPSS, Stata, MySQL etc.
· Familiarity with the Ministry of Health HMIS tools, procedures and guidelines
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good team player
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· The applicant must be dynamic
· Highly persuasive and convincing
· Self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the address below including a detailed CV demonstrating possession of the job requirements, current position, names and addresses of three referees i.e. email and phone addresses, copies of professional/academic documents, email address, and day time telephone contact. The applicant must have at most a credit 6 in Math and English and an approved ‘Medical Check-up report from a recommended health centre’ for successful candidates is a requirement at entry.
Send applications via E-mail to: applications@baylor-Uganda.org.
The Human Resources Manager,
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Uganda,
Block 5 Mulago Hospital,
P.O. Box 72052, Clock Tower, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 16th September 2016 by 4:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline