Organisation: Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
Project Name: Uganda Multi-sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Programme (UMFSNP)
Funding Source: Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP)
Duty Station: Bushenyi, Arua, Iganga, Maracha, Namutumba, Nebbi, Ntungamo, Yumbe, Kiiyandongo, Bugiri, Kabale, Isingiro, Kabarole, Kyenjojo and Kasese, Uganda
Reports to: District Project Coordinator
The Government of Uganda received a grant from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP) towards implementation of the Uganda Multi-sectoral Food Security and Nutrition Programme (UMFSNP). The Project Development Objective (PDO) is to increase production and consumption of nutrient-rich foods and utilization (ff community-based nutrition services in smallholder households in project areas. The project will innovatively use the primary schools under the universal primary education programme as a transfer pathway for both agriculture and health based nutrition friendly technologies and services. The project will be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF), Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Education and Sports (MOES) and 15 receptive District Local Government (DLGs), in a phased approach.
Job Summary: The District Project Assistant (DPA) will support the District Project Coordinator in; Project implementation, coordination, supervision and carrying out M&E activities. The key duties will include assisting the District Project Coordinator to ensure compliance with the Project Implementation Manual (PIM), compiling M&E activity reports, facilitation of trainings at primary school and community levels and providing feedback to the community, district and national levels.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the District Project Coordinator to ensure compliance with the Project Implementation Manual (PIM).
- The incumbent will assist the District Project Coordinator to plan and execute project activities in a timely manner as planned in the PIM as well as regular Work Plans and Budgets (RWPB).
- Carry out the day-to-day management of the District Project Coordination Unit (District PCU) processes and tasks.
- Assist the District Project Coordinator to organize human, financial and material resources to achieve the project objectives.
- Support the District Project Coordinator to effectively manage, monitor and evaluate project tasks, processes, budgets for achievement of planned outputs.
- Assist the District Project Coordinator to ensure good coordination with; the District Education Department, District Health Department, participating primary schools and MAAIF Headquarters, with the aim of facilitating project implementation support, supervision and evaluation missions and implementing recommendations agreed between the missions and the District PCU.
- Support the District Project Coordinator to manage the internal and external communication and knowledge sharing of project objectives, activities, outputs and impacts.
- Support the District Project Coordinator to prepare and submit mandatory quarterly, semi-annual and annual activity and financial reports.
- Assist the District project Coordinator to monitor and evaluate the project and prepare quarterly and Annual Performance Reports.
Qualifications and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the 15 District Project Assistant jobs should hold an Honour’s University degree in one of the following fields: Agricultural Sciences, Food Science and Technology, Project Management, Nutrition, Education, Health, Environmental Studies, Community Development or related areas from a reputable university/institution. A good knowledge and understanding of the project area is an added advantage.
- Prior experience in either community development or research in this area or a related field.
- Ability to work with and coordinate the activities of a range of public and private agencies, at community, sub county and district levels
- Proven ability to coordinate at multi-sectoral level, district and community level
- Ability to competently operate various computer-based work-processing software, spreadsheets and internet
- Excellent communication skills, including report writing
- Ability to work independently, and produce accurate work in a timely manner
- Keen attention to detail
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to send sealed application letters, curriculum Vitae and copies of academic documents either by hand or email addressed to;
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries,
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe-UGANDA
Email to: email@example.com
The Head Procurement and Disposal unit Procurement and Disposal Unit Office,
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue
- Please indicate the position being applied for and preferred district Local Government on top of the envelope. (Check top of advert for districts)
- All applicants MUST register their Names and sign the registration Form as confirmation of delivery of the application.
Deadline: Monday, 10th October, 2016 by 4pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline