Job Title: Regional Sales Manager (12 Job Placements)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 36 branches throughout Uganda, employs around 250 people. Expansion into other countries is planned for 2016.
Job Summary: The Regional Sales Manager should be a passionate professional that will manage the smooth execution of the company’s sales strategy, thereby contributing to building a rock-solid foundation for further growth of the company in Africa. The Sales Manager in SolarNow is the leader of Sales and the right-hand/deputy of the Chief Commercial Officer. The Sales Department contains a Corporate Desk and several regional sales divisions (currently 12) with several shops (currently 36 in total), both expected to expand. The managers of these desk/regions report to the Sales Manager. The incumbent will ensure productivity levels are as per the business plan. The jobholder will also ensure a client-focussed, committed, professional sales team who is able and willing to beat the sales targets. The incumbent will aim at high client satisfaction levels;
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting daily to the Sales Manager about sales activities in your branches;
- Mentoring and supervising 3 Branch Team Leaders in the design and execution of their branch monthly work plans;
- Ascertaining focussed sales force activities by providing clear sales objectives, while receiving daily reports to be on top of the game – so no outcome is a surprise;
- The incumbent will be collaborating with other head office desks (Marketing, Credit, Technical, etc.), sharing relevant information and implementing new projects or policies;
- Growing officers and team leaders in their careers, by training and coaching, as well as detailed activity supervision and the analysis of growth barriers;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have completed a BSc and MSc/MBA degree at an accredited university.
- The ideal candidate have at least five years of successful sales management experience, preferably in a fast growing consumer retail / branch organization.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the challenges of managing a decentralized sales force in the African context.
- The applicant must be someone who cares deeply about improving lives in Africa. You bring more than passion to the role: you have the grit and resilience to do this work.
- Be a good seller, and, crucially, you have a deep interest in and proven excellence if it comes to managing a sales force.
- Natural leader able to guide decentralized sales teams to set and achieve their targets, while working in a complex, constantly changing and resource-constrained environment.
- You love to make people around you perform better by constant training and coaching, however you lack tolerance for underperformance.
- You are a problem-solver, a direct and candid communicator, excited about being hands-on without getting lost in the weeds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization;
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and analytical skills to make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses of complex situations;
- Impeccable level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Resilience under pressure, flexible thinking and ability to adapt to change.
The role needs someone with the following attitude:
- Challenging status quo – there is always a better way
- Not accepting mediocrity – stimulate people to perform, replace underperformers
- A leader – you are persuable, fair, are an example yourself and don’t hesitate to self-reflect
- Focus on big things – no time for micro management
- “Just do it” approach – quickly fixes problems by doing good root cause analysis, solution finding and translating to implementation
- Trust is good, control is better – systematically checks compliance with plans and procedures
Job Terms: SolarNow offers a dynamic role in a high potential for-profit business in a fast-growing market. The Regional Sales Manager will be based in a district capital, and the job requires intensive field travel in and outside Uganda. The company offers a market conform package consisting of a salary, a bonus (to be introduced after 6 months in the job) and medical insurance. Senior team members are exposed to professional management courses and other experiences in and outside East Africa.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 16th September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline