Job Title: Field Sales Manager (6 Job Vacancies)
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Acholi Region and West Nile, Uganda
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Field Sales Manager will recruit, train, coach & manage a team of up to 20 Direct Sales Representatives to meet your sales targets of M-KOPA products. The role will involve detailed advanced planning to generate local networks to enable you to deliver current and future sales. The majority of your time will be coaching and working with the DSRs in the field combined with strengthening local networks of customers, while fostering team spirit amongst the DSRs. The incumbent will also assist with the resolution of customer needs as they arise. This will be a demanding, yet personally satisfying role as you develop junior members of you team and sell a product that is upgrading people’s lives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve and surpass sales targets of M-KOPA products
- Recruit, train, coach, mentor and supervise field based team of Direct Sales Representatives (DSR) to meet the set targets in line with M-KOPA business goals
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the performance Direct Sales Representatives to meet the performance standards
- Manage DSR inventory and resolve audit recommendations in line with M-KOPA audit resolution guidelines
- Develop local networks to assist in growing sales volume
- Prepare and submit weekly activity plans and reports to Regional Sales Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold any relevant Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University.
- One year of management experience in a related sales field. e. g Micro-finance or other financial services, mobile-money, FMCG or other product/service in East Africa.
- Proven ability to carry out direct selling
- Proven track record of hitting targets
- Demonstrated ability to mentor sales staff to achieve greater sales figures
- Proven ability to plan ahead.
- Ability to request and receive support from the headquarters.
- Proven ability to work in a self-disciplined & proactive manner.
- Good negotiation skills and ability
- Tenacious personality
- Customer focused.
- Willingness to work in rural areas.
- Good team player with high levels of flexibility.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven report-writing skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to with the subject “Field Sales Manager” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 28th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline