Job Title: Grants Finance Manager
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Finance and Support Services Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Grants Finance Manager will provide overall leadership and management of the Grants finance unit by planning, directing and controlling the Grant resources in line with World Vision policies/procedures, International Accounting Standards and ensuring compliance with the donor regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively promote financial accountability and reporting for the grants to ensure compliance to both World Vision policies and donor regulations
- In charge of Strategic Planning and management through the provision of technical support in grant acquisition and proposal budget preparations and ensuring proper budget management of all the grants
- Ensure cost efficiency and effectiveness by advising and assisting management on grant financial aspects of the ministry with particular emphasis on the financial implications of decisions to be made.
- Responsible for the Capacity building of Grant finance staff by establishing and supervising of all work practices including the provision of opportunities for orientation, training, development and succession planning
- Responsible for managing risk through the profiling of the risk in grants and ensuring that appropriate action is taken to address audit findings and implement recommendations.
- In charge of Strategic Networking through the mediation with Support offices on behalf of the projects and National Office on key requirements by respective governments in their support activities and the partnership
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the aforementioned World Vision International Job should hold a University education qualification with a major in Accounting/ Finance and a full professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA or its equivalent
- At least three years grants management experience (at management level)
- Proven working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Significant experience in handling USAID/ECHO/CIDA/Netherland Government/ AUS Aid/WFP/DFID/EU funded projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- A high level of integrity is required for this position
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.”
NB: Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th August, 2016
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline