Job Title: Water Field Officer
Organisation: American Refugee Committee (ARC) International
Duty Station: Uganda
The American Refugee Committee (ARC) International is an International nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that provides humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries around the world. The ARC seeks to promote peaceful and safe communities where men and women have equal rights and communities can access locally owned, high-quality services.
Job Summary: The Water Field Officer is responsible for implementing and providing Water and Sanitation services to the People of concern (PoCs) ensuring Construction of water facilities, installation of pipelines, repair and maintenance of water systems and strengthening the capacity of WASH community structures.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the American Refugee Committee (ARC) International Water Field Officer job placement should hold a Degree or Higher diploma in Water/Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in relevant field.
- Ability to mobilize and sensitize communities.
- Knowledge of GIS, AutoCAD, EPANET and WATERCAD is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of sanitation and hygiene promotion methodologies like PHAST, CHAST, PHASE and CLTS is an added advantage.
- Possession of a valid riding permit.
- Able to write clear and concise reports
- Knowledge of Kiswahili, local language of the population
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send an application letter, updated CV & copies of academic documents via email only to UGjobs@arcrelief.org addressed to The Human Resources Manager American Refugee Committee International Kampala.
Deadline: 2nd August, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline