Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support MSU service and project channels with planning and monitoring of their stock in the warehouse.
- Keenly monitor stock usage and lead times of all commodities, pharmaceuticals and equipments bought for the MSU programme. Advice the procurement department on replenishment when stock levels are falling.
- Ensure that the organisation’s stores are secure, kept clean at all times and at the appropriate/ required temperatures.
- Ensure MSU’s stock is stored, controlled and dispatched efficiently and oversee/feed into the warehouse stock storage and stock control policies following MSI best practice procedures (i.e. FIFO, min/max, stock consumption, lead times)
- Work closely with the procurement and Logistics team to ensure close integration of logistics planning of centre operations and procurement at project level
- Coordinate with the Procurement and Logistics Officer to ensure that all equipment and pharmaceutical products required by the different field teams are released in a timely manner.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports about the status of the stock in the stores including usage, damage, etc.
- Send feedback on warehouse management to ensure effective and efficient management- where applicable, come up with new tools that enable streamlining of operations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Degree or Diploma in the following areas; Stores Management, Procurement& Logistics Management, Accounting, Pharmacy
- Previous experience in warehouse/stores or Logistics management in NGO /or commercial setting
- Proven skills in Microsoft Office computer programmes, particularly Word and Excel
- Pharmacological experience: knowledge of drugs and pharmacy stores management
- Hard working and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Quick decision making and highly intelligent
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution.
- Innovative: Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome.
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other.
- Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands.
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met.
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results.
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
The Warehouse Supervisor is required to demonstrate MSU’s core values of:
- Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
- Equality of opportunity and access
- Value for money in the management of our resources
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Click Here -> Select Warehouse Supervisor
Deadline: 5th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline