Job Title: Communication Specialist
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) Project
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About URC SUSTAIN Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID-funded Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) project. The project supports delivery of quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and laboratory services at selected regional referral and general hospitals.
Job Summary: The Communication Specialist will manage all communication and documentation requirements for the SUSTAIN project with the overall aim of conveying accurate and timely information about project work to various project audiences, including USAID, the Ministry of Health, hospital directors and staff, health care service beneficiaries, and the general public.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write, edit, and, at times, oversee the design of project materials, including project reports, success stories, monthly update articles, and blog posts
- Work closely with URC headquarters in the United States to develop and maintain the project documentation plan
- Identify topics for documentation, collect information through interviews and on-the-ground research and observation, and determine appropriate mediums for documentation and dissemination
- Ensure that project print and online materials are consistent with donor branding guidelines
- Manage the content on the USAID/SUSTAIN webpage: develop and review the content, assist in the identification of relevant topic areas, and collect and disseminate best practices
- Regularly monitor relevant media coverage, take photos and video, and maintain a photo and video library and supporting photo/video release documentation
- Offer technical support to the COP when needed, including handling communication to supported hospitals, MOH, Partners and presenting project work at high-level meetings and conferences
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the USAID SUSTAIN Communication Specialist job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, journalism and any related qualification.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Public Health or related field will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five years’ experience in health communication
- Previous experience working with USG funded projects will be an added advantage
- Prior exposure and experience in program planning, implementation and reporting.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), and ability to use internet.
- Ability to express self and communicate to others very clearly in English language
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified applicants should send their cover letters, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for three professional references in the subject line by addressed to:
Human Resource & Administration Coordinator,
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services,
Plot 7 Ntinda View Crescent, Naguru
P.O Box 28745
E-mail to: email@example.com (Not more than 3MB)
NB: Please remember to state the position you are applying for in the subject of the email and the envelope.
Deadline: 15th August 2016 by 5.00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline