Job Title: Knowledge Management Advisor
Organization: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in the South West Uganda Project (RHITES)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Technical Director
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) seeks to end pediatric HIV/AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs. We are a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners over the last 25 years, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States and new infections in children have declined by 58% worldwide. EGPAF Uganda Country program is currently implementing a number of projects in partnership with various donors.
About USAID RHITES Project:
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) implements the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in the South West Uganda Project (RHITES) whose aim is to increase the availability, accessibility and quality of integrated health services including HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment; maternal, neonatal and child health services; family planning; nutrition assessment, counseling support; malaria prevention and treatment and other primary care services.
Job Summary: The Knowledge Management Advisor is responsible for developing systems, tools and processes that will substantively contribute to developing a learning and performance-oriented culture at EGPAF Uganda, in collaboration with both EGPAF staff and other relevant external partners. Within the subject matter of Knowledge Management, the Knowledge Management Advisor will be contributing to the further strengthening of a coherent and integrated knowledge management and knowledge sharing strategy and service structure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the best of EGPAF’s collective knowledge, best practices, lessons learned and results achieved is captured and made available when and where needed, increasingly in forms openly accessible to the Foundation staff and the public ’ at large as necessary.
- Manages the work outcomes and contracting needs of third party providers (writers, knowledge management consultants etc) who are engaged to support documentation needs such as documentation of best practices, evaluation of projects etc.
- Develops and implements a broad set of tested knowledge management tools, models and approaches, and ensures that all staff are trained to use these in their interventions, with a level of usability that increasingly make formal training j redundant
- Ensure that program results are documented and translated into searchable lessons learned and added to EGPAFs collective knowledge, allowing for iteration and continuous improvement of EGPAF’s development interventions.
- Works collaboratively across all EGPAF Uganda projects / programs to keep abreast of new developments and ensure synergy and coherence,
- Ensure the optimization of knowledge sharing and knowledge management internally in EGPAF as a core internal capacity and externally as a service offering as part of all EGPAF interventions
- Develops the knowledge management strategy and annual work plan for EGPAF Uganda in collaboration with senior management and KM partners at head office level.
- Establish a searchable knowledge database of best practices, tools, reports etc.
- Leverages and enhances the Foundation’s existing internal knowledge management systems and platforms, for example the EGPAF intranet to upload and share information
- Actively participates in EGPAF knowledge sharing meetings, such as the Medical and Scientific Affairs call, Global program Review etc., to ensure global content is shared with Uganda and vice versa.
- Develops, leads, and oversees implementation of strategies to foster knowledge sharing throughout the project and with external stakeholders.
- Work in liaison with the communications and advocacy advisor to develop knowledge sharing platforms including websites, social media, e-learning exchanges
- Develop and maintain system-wide training and resource materials linked to knowledge management.
- Design, coordinate and support implementation of webinars, online training, virtual collaborative exchanges symposiums, conferences and other events
- Offers support in the evaluation and documentation of projects and the preparation and writing of key management reports etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID Project Knowledge Management Advisor career opportunity should hold a Master’s degree in communications, organization development, knowledge management or public health
- A minimum of five years of relevant professional experience, including in knowledge management.
- Previous experience in developing/managing knowledge management systems/programs
- Advanced experience with current knowledge management technologies, including Web and Enterprise 2.0.
- Excellent track record of working experience with increasing responsibilities in the public health arena ability to link to global policy, national policy development for EGPAF
- Previous experience in leading/managing knowledge product development and dissemination.
- Writing skills to ensure sharing across documentation platforms.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to prioritize, take initiative and follow-through
- Ability to exercise diplomacy and build partnerships and consensus, within teams, governmental agencies and with other stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, are required
- Ability to travel to the supported regions and districts.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to this address;
The Country Director, Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF), Plot 18A Kyadondo Road, Nakasero, P.O. Box 21127, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: UgandaRecruitment@pedaids.org
Deadline: 26th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline