Job Title: Regional Capacity Building Advisor
Organisation: Initiatives Inc.
Duty Station: Lira, Uganda
Initiatives Inc. is an international public health development organization that is committed to improving access to quality primary health care for people in underserved communities. Our technical and management support enables organizations and communities to link, coordinate, and deliver health services with the goal of providing solutions for better health
Job Summary: The Regional Capacity Building Advisor will lead organizational development support to Ugandan civil society organizations contributing to increased access and quality of health services in northern Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership in assessment and capacity building for issues related to organizational governance, management, finance, human resources and administration
- Ensure civil society partners are adequately trained and supported to successfully achieve all actions identified in action plans and deliver on program expectations for HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, family planning, malaria, nutrition and maternal, neonatal and child health.
- Build the technical and operational capacity of CSOs to effectively coordinate and advocate with government to increase access to quality essential health services at the community level;
- Improve the competency of CSOs in healthcare quality improvement approaches and their application in strengthening linkages between facility and community service delivery.
- Build the technical and operational capacity of CSOs to qualify them as potential direct recipients of future USAID funding.
- Ensure that communities in selected districts can identify and articulate their needs and demand quality services;
- Ensure that Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) develop effective advocacy initiatives and are able to represent the communities’ demands for higher-quality services; and
- As a member of the project management team, contribute to the development of project work plans and collection of monitoring and evaluation data for reporting on outcomes and activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Masters or other advanced degree in business administration, public health or related field;
- At least seven years of professional experience in NGO management and capacity building;
- A minimum of five years of professional experience as a senior member of a project management team;
- Financial management and administration experience in a national NGO and an International NGO
- Proven experience supporting small community-based organizations and larger NGOs to improve organizational systems;
- Strong competency in project planning, management and implementation.
- Professional competency spoken and written English and fluency in Luo.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 3rd September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline