Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
Position Grade: NOA
Reference Number: 16-0022027
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Officer will support the delivery of a professional, client - focused HR services, partnering with managers to implement HR solutions in line with WFP corporate priorities. The incumbent will deputize the Head of Human Resources and will focus mainly on staff capacity development and performance management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will support HR operational activities or projects that are aligned to business needs, following standard processes and ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies and procedures;
· Quickly respond to queries from managers and staff, understanding their issues and ensuring policies, procedures, processes, systems and tools are available and correctly applied to support them;
· Actively contribute to the effective management of the employment relationship between WFP and its staff, by administering conditions of service, contracts and appropriate entitlements;
· Support staff capability building, working with managers to understand individual skills and business requirements, and organizing development solutions which equip people with the skills and knowledge required to meet current and future challenges;
· Manage and guide on the talent acquisition process and strategy in line with the WFP HR Manual;
· Support and deliver onboarding activities to ensure new employees have a positive experience of WFP, and are successfully integrated into their new role and the organization;
· Offer support in building talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy;
· Support for organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency;
· Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFP wide view of HR activities that enables informed decision-making and consistent information for stakeholders;
· Plan for staff learning and development and coordinate capacity building events and initiatives;
· Coordinate compliance with the performance management cycle, facilitate sessions on performance management for staff & managers;
· Conduct data analysis, in order to support others on projects or contribute to process efficiencies and improvements and Human Resources unit reporting and information dissemination;
· Perform any other duties as may be require by the Head of Human Resources from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Human Resources Officer job vacancy should hold an Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, attained from a recognized institution Or First University degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses, attained from a recognized institution;
· A minimum of six (6) years of relevant working experience in Human Resources management and development, administration, gained from reputable organizations;
· Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential;
· Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 1st September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline