Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
Position Grade: SC5 / G5
Reference Number: 16-0022028
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Assistant will support the delivery of major activities arising from the organisational people strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
· Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
· Work closely with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
· Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
· Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
· Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
· Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
· The Human Resoures Assistant will uUse HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
· Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to emergences.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Human Resources from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Human Resources Assistant job opportunity should hold a university degree or Diploma in Human Resources, Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or any other related fields, obtained from a recognized university.
· A minimum of four (4) years working experience in either, administrative work, human resources, secretarial duties or any other related field, acquired from a reputable organization.
· Excellent command of oral and written English is essential.
· Knowledge and experience using MS applications.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 1st September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline