Job Title: Transport & Logistics Officer
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Administration
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Transport & Logistics Officer will manage the Authority’s fleet and ensure an efficient logistics service delivery.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will develop driver and transport safety programs and ensure safe driving practices of NIRA transport staff
- Develops the dispatch and trucking plans in liaison with the warehouse and field staff
- Manages the preparation and approval of the distribution plans based on the updated Authority information
- Coordinates the transport of staff and goods to support efficient service delivery
- Inspects commodity delivery trucks and ensures that they are in good and safe mechanical condition
- Facilitates contracting of all services relating to transport within the Authority
- Ensures proper filing of all the contract documents (Transport agreements, vehicle insurance as well as service level agreements with vendors)
- Coordinates servicing of vehicles and works in liaison with management to design necessary service contracts based on Authority guidelines
- Provides oversight management of logistical support services programmmes
- Provides supervision to all logistics requirements of the Authority
- Keenly reviews vehicle movement, fuel usage and prepares vehicle monthly reports
- Works closely with the manager to ensure that Authority’s fleet is safe and well managed
- Ensures safe custody of vehicles and motorcycles both at the national office and in the field
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Transport & Logistics Officer career vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Mechanical Engineering or other relevant field from a recognized University
- Possession of a post graduate qualification in Transport and Logistics management or an equivalent qualification is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in a reputable public or private organization
- Computer literacy skills
- Impeccable level of integrity
- High level of organization and attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline