Job Title: Transport Coordinator
Organisation: Concern Worldwide
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Systems Director
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental, humanitarian organisation dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries. Our mission is to help people living in extreme poverty achieve major improvements in their lives which last and spread without on-going support from Concern.
Job Summary: The Transport Coordinator will manage and coordinate Concern Uganda’s fleet and Drivers ensuring that all vehicles remain roadworthy and are serviced and fuelled regularly.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that an effective and efficient transport management system is in place, by:
- Surveying the transport needs of the Head Office and programme offices and developing a plan to meet both current and anticipated future needs.
- Ensuring that an effective system is in place to meet the transport needs of staff in the most cost-effective manner possible (e.g. by planning and tracking vehicle allocation, vehicle movements, vehicle utilisation, fuel consumption etc.).
- Scheduling and planning the maintenance and repairs of vehicles to ensure vehicles are maintained in good working order; ensuring high quality maintenance of vehicles.
2. Take lead of the team of Kampala-based drivers, and provide support to programme-based drivers, by:
- Ensuring that work is planned and organised, that staff are given appropriate workloads and are clear about what is expected (e.g. writing job descriptions, setting goals, regular planning meetings).
- In charge of monitoring and reviewing progress and in particular, ensuring that transport staff are working effectively to meet their customers’ needs (e.g. by gathering feedback from customers and by carrying out regular Performance Development Reviews with staff).
- Supporting transport staff to enable them perform their duties effectively.
- Ensuring that transport staff are adequately trained and developed for their roles e.g. by analysing staff training needs, organising the delivery of training, coordinating the sharing of experience etc.
3. Oversight of Kampala Stores by:
- Scheduling transportation of goods between Kampala and the field.
- Mentoring and supervising the Store Keeper.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must have attained a formal qualification in Transport management i.e. diploma in motor mechanics or Postgraduate Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management (DLTM).
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Transport plus one year experience managing/supervising staff in the area of Logistics and Transport.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
- Leadership qualities, personnel and team management including mediation and conflict resolution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs (max 4 pages) with day time phone contacts, names and addresses of three (3) professional referees via email to email@example.com with the job title as the subject of email or address hard copies to: The Human Resources Department, Concern Worldwide Uganda, P.O. Box 6599, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 5th August 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline