Organization: Rift Valley Railways (RVR)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Rift Valley Railways is the region’s oldest socio-economic binding asset and currently operates a total of 2541.44 kilometers of track network linking the shores of the Indian Ocean to the agriculturally rich hinterland of the Kenya Highlands and into Kampala, Uganda on the shores of Lake Victoria in a 25-year concession agreement originally signed in 2006.
Job Summary: The Terminal Manager will be responsible for running a profitable, efficient and safe Inland Container Depot (ICD) at Mukono.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of managing ICD logistics operations and container management at the Mukono ICD;
- Leading the operations and logistics team in the ICD and ensuring that set Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are met;
- Working closely with operations Nairobi/Mombasa on current shipments being cleared for onward transportation to the ICD;
- Liaising with the clearing agents on the customs process on shipments for delivery planning;
- Receiving shipping documents and organizing for timely customs, clearance in Kampala;
- Act as liaison with URA and Government entities on behalf of RVR and provide accountabilities or solutions to queries or inquiries as they arise;
- In charge of updating the relevant parties on shipments under process;
- Following up on invoice settlement from all clients as per SLA;
- Developing new business and new customer relationships for the business;
- Managing the safe and secure custody of all company assets at the ICD
- Prepare and submit weekly sales reports to the General Manager
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Rift Valley Railways Terminal Manager job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics Management or any other Related Business Field.
- Possession of a Diploma in clearing & forwarding
- Additional training in Customs & URA Procedures is mandatory
- A minimum of six (6) years practical experience in ICD/ Freight Management.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and keen listener.
- Good team player
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and application letter with copies of academic and professional certificates to:
The General Manager Human Resources,
Rift Valley Railways Uganda,
P.O. Box 7891 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 26th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline