Job Title: Technical Training Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Training Manager
SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 36 branches throughout Uganda, employs around 250 people. Expansion into other countries is planned for 2016.
Job Summary: The Technical Training Officer will be responsible for the following:
· Excellent client care: SolarNow distinguishes itself from other companies because of its service level to clients. You represent our company, and therefore you act accordingly.
· Contribute to the team: Make yourself useful to the team. Supporting others is a good way of learning and gaining respect.
· Learn and improve: Learn and improve your value to the company allowing for promotion into more senior roles. Update job knowledge.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- New Hire Induction Program Training: Conduct formal technical training for New Hire Trainees with over 36000 Training Man Hours annually with Emphasis on measuring Training efficacy and constantly devising measures to improve Quality
- Conduct Repeat/Refresher Trainings: Conduct Repeat Technical Trainings based on Gap analysis & product updates with pre and post Assessment
- Coaching and mentorship: Conducting formal coaching sessions with Client Service Officers, Technical Officers and other internal employees where issues have been identified in terms of their Installation, Sizing Standards, Service Cases among others with concentration on ensuring Zero defects in Installations and 100% excellent installations
- Routine Module Review and update: Champion formal review of Technical Module(s) and formulate recommendations on how to enhance periodically
- Planning and Logistics:
- Work closely with Technical Manager and Team, Human Resource, and stakeholders to ensure proper planning for new and repeat training.
- Taking care of all Technical logistical requirements and meeting up the trainees from time to time to ensure smooth flow of the training.
- Documentation and Reporting: Document and report all trainings conducted & initiatives
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or related field
- A minimum of three years’ experience in learning and development in a reputable organization
- Previous experience in renewable Energy will be an added advantage.
- A fit with SolarNow’s values
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Good team player
NB: Candidates without training experience should not apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 5th August, 2016
Deadline: 5th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline