Job Title: Technical Auditor
Organisation: Uganda Telecom Limited (UTL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Uganda Telecom is committed to providing exceptional telecommunication services that meet our customer’s needs and improve our efficiency.
Job Summary: The Technical Auditor will manage operations in Audit, including technical and IT related aspects within the framework of an agreed business strategy, to objectively and independently evaluate operations in meeting targets for return on investment, profitability and customer satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead and perform a variety of IT audit reviews, including,. Applications, Infrastructure, and Systems Development, (operating systems reviews, application reviews, general controls reviews, infrastructure reviews, system development reviews, data center reviews, SOX IT reviews and contingency planning/disaster recovery reviews)
· The incumbent will assess risks and mitigate controls associated with information management processes (IT) including system administration, disaster recovery, asset management performance, change management, user profiles, infrastructure security, monitoring and detection.
· Ensure IT risks are controlled effectively and efficiently
· Carry out IT risk assessments by reviewing, documenting, evaluating, and testing general and application controls
· Appraise adequacy of controls in the planning and execution of technical projects and contracts.
· Evaluate the efficient and effective acquisition and use of technical and IT resources.
· Optimise the use of ACL (Audit Command Language), its maintenance and integration with other data bases.
· Carry out assigned audit tasks by objectively examining systems / processes, financial, operational and managerial, both manual and system based, for adequate controls, accuracy, reliability and timeliness.
· Develop and execute work plans for assigned audit tasks and ensure that audit programs, and objectives are achieved in accordance with acceptance audit standards and code of conduct.
· Conduct operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Business Administration, Information Systems/ Technology, Engineering or related field.
· Professional qualification e.g. ACCA, CIA, CPA, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, CCFP, GIAC
· A minimum of three years of relevant working experience.
· Previous experience with information systems, accounting, audit, process improvement and /or quality assurance
· IT audit experience with concentrations in the Telecom industry
· Knowledge of IT internal control framework, professional audit standards and IT security standards (Working knowledge of COBIT, or COSO frameworks)
· Technical knowledge and experience auditing and/or supporting operating systems in Unix/MS Windows), databases (Oracle and SQL), business applications, or network infrastructure
· Data analytics tool experience would be beneficial (ACL)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates willing to work with one of Uganda’s leading telecom companies, UTL should send their applications to:
The Chief Human Resources & Administration Officer,
Human Resources & Administration Office,
3rd Floor, Telephone House,
P.O. Box 7171, Kampala. Uganda
OR E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 2nd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline