Job Title: Systems Accountant
Organisation: Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
Project Name: The Third Financial Management and Accountability Programme (FINMAP III)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Local Government Public Financial Management (PFM) Systems manager
The Government of Uganda is implementing the Third Financial Management and Accountability Programme (FINMAP III) with the primary purpose to strengthen Public Financial Management (PFM) at all levels of government and ensure efficient, effective and accountable use of public resources as a basis for improved service delivery. The overall objective of FINMAP is derived from the GoU PFM reform strategy for the period from July 2014 to June 2018, launched in August 2014. In line with the strategy, FINMAP aims to encourage effective service delivery through reinforcing mechanisms for budget credibility, compliance and control; and to improve financial management practices through implementation of automated financial management systems. FINMAP interventions are implemented at both central and local government levels through a number of components. The programme also has several stakeholders, including Development Partners. The implementation of FINMAP III entails a significant amount of coordination effort at all levels. This coordination requirement is met through the contracting of Staff to support specific Programme areas.
The programme is funded by the Government of Uganda as well as a number of development partners including the Department for International Development of the United Kingdom, European Union, Norway, Denmark, Germany (KFW), Sweden. There is also cooperation at various levels with the World Bank, International Monetary Fund (IMF) and Irish Aid.
Job Summary: The Systems Accountant will offer support in the development and implementation of the PFM systems in Local Governments
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer timely support in accounting reconciliation for the local governments
· Support IFMS roll out in local governments particularly carrying out data collection, validation and migration
· Assist in the development of policy and procedures manual for automated financial management system.
· Actively participate in system set up, testing and monitoring of IFMS in local governments
· Take part in site support activities in local cal governments including system readiness and business re engineering.
· Support system review and testing of internal controls
· Support Local Government staff training including IFMS functional training
· Actively participate in developing and monitoring of performance indicators
· Support change management initiatives including Public awareness of reform activities
· Perform any such other duties as may be signed from time to time by the PFM Systems Manager.
Key Performance Indicators:
· Quarterly performance reports
· Annual performance reports
· Any other reports requested from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a basic degree specializing in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics from a recognized University.
· Part qualification in professional accounting (ACCA - level II or CPA - level III) is a must.
· At least three years’ experience in the field of accounting or Information Technology (IT) systems.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and the ability to work as part of a team and relate with a multiplicity of stakeholders.
· Previous experience in training in Public Financial Management Systems is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications, updated CVs and copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted to the address below. Envelopes should have clear reference to the job applied for. Send to:
The Programme Coordinator,
The Third Financial Management and Accountability Programme (FINMAP III),
Ministry of Finance, Planning & Economic Development Finance Building; 3rd Floor, Room 3.4 Plot 2/12 Apollo Kaggwa Road P 0 Box 8147, Kampala. Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday, 9th September 2016 by 1700hrs
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline