Job Title: Store Keeper
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Warehouse/Stores Supervisor
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Store Keeper will support the Warehouse/Stores Supervisor in controlling NIRA’s main store and assist in the procurement and safe custody of supplies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent initiates the procurement of store materials in accordance with the established reorder levels
- The Store Keeper receives materials /items into the main stores, opens store cards for the various items and updates them regularly
- The incumbent issues materials to users – departments, sections as assigned
- Prepares accounting entries to denote inflows, outflows and dead stocks from store as per set policies and guidelines
- Custody/Update of the stores register
- Ensures stores are kept in good condition and are tidy
- Routinely inspects the physical condition of commodities/items in stores on a regular basis
- The Store Keeper raises stores requisition for item replenishment
- Compiles list of all assets due for disposal
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Warehouse/Stores Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Store Keeper job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Supplies and Stores Management or equivalent from a recognized University OR A Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Social Sciences with a diploma in Stores Management
- Additional qualification/certification in supplies and stores management will have added advantage
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience in a busy store in a reputable public or private organization
- Computer literacy skills
- Excellent organization skills
- High level of integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline