Job Title: Stock Controller
Organization: KSK Associates
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager
KSK Associates is a Professional Services Firm that provides Financial Consultancy Services including Assurance and Business Advisory Services, Business Planning, Feasibility studies & Project Proposal Preparation, Human Resource, Risk Management and Information System Solutions.
Job Summary: The Stock Controller will manage the purchasing and replenishment of the retail products sold in the business. A key aspect of the role is maintaining the stock levels within the budget set by the business. The Stock Controller’s role includes carrying out sales activities and maintaining store standards to the agreed standards. Delivering on these activities will develop sales of the business products and services we offer. All activities will comply with all legal, brand/banner and professional requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all inventory and stock management systems are maintained accurately, within the agreed parameters and in a timely manner.
- Responsibility for purchasing and the “in-stock” levels within the agreed inventory parameters.
- Purchase inventory within the agreed budgets.
- Immediately alert the Retail Manager and Manager when a budget is exceeded.
- Maintain a process for returns. Manage a defined area in the storeroom for returns/credits. This area will include out of dates, damaged and un-saleable goods.
- Maintain harmonious working relationship with Suppliers/Vendors within the buying parameters set by the business.
- Oversee and assume responsibility for the POS system and the Electronic Ordering Systems.
- Observe the correct buying protocols.
- Observe correct stock receiving protocols.
- Complete all necessary stock takes.
- Maintain the storeroom and the allocation of space for stock.
- Have a working knowledge of www.zumocalculators.com to ensure accurate stock management.
- Consistently deliver customer service in accordance with our customer service standards.
- Comply with our required personal grooming standards.
- Maintain store/merchandising standards as described in our merchandising standards manual; this includes stock management, cleaning, shelf/ stock presentation, shelf ticketing.
- Use the Retail Ready Program to drive store standards and maintain records of store execution performance.
- Implement Promotions accurately and in the required time frames. Attend training(s) as directed.
- At all times comply with Occupational Health and Safety Requirements Unpack orders and stock shelves as required.
- Maintain good working relationships with your Manager and your peers. Comply with all aspects of the Standard Operating Procedures manual.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Retail Manager/Business Owner.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Store Sales: Improvement in total store sales is the key objective for all team members.
- The minimum percentage improvement in Sales $ is the annual rate of inflation.
- Purchasing budget: Maintain the store purchasing budget as agreed with the Business Owner and Manager.
- Stock levels: Maintain stock levels while at the same time managing the Purchasing Budget.
- Store Standards: Your section must be managed according to the Retail Ready Program requirements in the timeframes reasonably agreed with the Retail Manager.
- Customer Feedback: Complaints and compliments received will be monitored. 360 Degree feedback: An annual survey will be undertaken that allows your peers and superiors to comment on your performance, and you theirs. A satisfactory result is required.
- On time performance: You must get to work within the required timeframes. Administration: All administration must be completed too standard and in agreed timeframes.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a University Degree. Must have passed English and Math.
- Personality – your personality must suitable for the role.
- Personal Situation – ability to perform the role and be at work at agreed times.
- Specific Job Skills – experience in managing inventory, or ability to learn this skill. Experience
- or ability to learn delegation skills.
- Computer Skills – competent in operation of the POS systems, Purchasing, Microsoft Word,
- Microsoft Excel, etc.
- Literacy and Numeracy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 8th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline