Job Title: Sponsorship Coordinator
Organisation: ActionAid Uganda (AAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Fundraising Director
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the ActionAid Uganda (AAU), a national development organization registered under the laws of Uganda and with a local Board.
Job Summary: The Sponsorship Coordinator will manage the development of national sponsorship products, the acquisition and retention of supporters from Uganda planning and coordinating sponsorship activities between ActionAid Uganda and Funding Affiliates to maintain international supporter links to resource strategic commitments in line with fundraising strategy of ActionAid Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the development and implementation of local sponsorship products; and develop acquisition and retention strategies for the supporters from Uganda in line with AAU fundraising strategy, Country Strategy Paper, AAI sponsorship policies and standards, and the ; national laws;
- Maintain oversight on sponsorship database and share monthly performance reports, in line with the Sponsorship Policies and Standards;
- Build and maintain quality relationships with Funding Affiliates and supporters in accordance to set AAI Sponsorship Policies and Standards;
- Initiate, lead and coordinate development of two-year plans and budgets in line with fundraising strategy and Country Strategy Commitments;
- Supervise, motivate, appraise sponsorship officers and build the capacity of staff and partners in line with Human Resources Policy (HRP), fundraising strategy and other organizational policies;
- Provide administrative leadership to and control of assets of the sponsorship unit;
- Coordinate the generation, storage and access of sponsorship-related knowledge a for AAU and its partners in line with the AAU Knowledge Management Strategy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, Business Administration, Mass Communication, Marketing or any other related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management or Marketing.
- At least four years of relevant working experience with a recognized institution and two years of management experience.
- Good Communication skills
- Good report writing and Record keeping;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Good team work and team building skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good people management skills;
- Broad knowledge and understanding of philanthropy sector and best practices.
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should deliver their application letters, CVs and copies of Academic documents with details of at least three (3) referees one of which shall be from your most recent employer. The complete applications should be hand delivered or sent by email to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org addressed to: The Director Human Resource and Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda Plot 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, Opposite Kampala International University, P.O. Box 676 Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 8th August 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline