Job Title: Software Engineer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Software Service Manager
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
Job Summary: The Software Engineer will support the Software Service Manager in ensuring the timely and efficient delivery and quality of implemented solutions and changes to the system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain oversight of projects and incidents that introduce changes to systems
· Manage the end-to-end Change Management process
· Liaise all stakeholders to understand change requirements and priorities change requests
· Act as the focal point for changes that will affect systems
· Work closely with vendors and in-house technical team to effect changes
· Mentor and supervise Junior Analyst (s) Testing
· Develop, implement and manage the processes for testing system changes
· Develop test strategies across all areas of system, functional, integration and performance testing
Plan, coordinate and lead testing activities:
· The incumbent will also develop User Acceptance test plans
· Develop systems integration test plans
· Steer the development of performance test plans
· Work closely with relevant stakeholders – business users, business analyst, development team - to understand requirements and ensure tests are aligned
· Work in liaison with business and technical stakeholders to develop test data
· Support business users/subject matter experts in the development of relevant test cases according to test plans
· Introduce best practice test procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Umeme Software Engineer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent
· At least three years’ experience of working in a software development environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and updated CVs clearly detailing your suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please kindly state the position you are applying for in the subject line of the application E-mail.
Deadline: 1st September 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline