Job Title: Social Protection Facilitator
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Social Protection Coordinator
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Social Protection Facilitator will provide grassroots project implementation, monitoring and documentation in the Child Friendly Spaces, Early Childhood Development Centres and the participation, psychosocial and peace building Project guided by WV Uganda Policies. The incumbent will also be responsible for the smooth, cost effective, efficient and timely implementation of CFSs, ECDs and participation, psychosocial and peace building project budget review and monitoring.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Motivate and ensure teamwork among Social Protection assistants and Volunteers for greater ministry impact, in the community
· Work in liaison with and provide the necessary advice and support to stakeholders in the participation, psychosocial and peace building project, as well as the CFS and ECD programmes in all matters pertaining to effective management and implementation
· Support the Response Manager to handle visitors including donors, support offices and national office staff
· Take full responsibility in the implementation of CFSs, ECDs and participation, psychosocial and peace building project in Adjumani operations according to the agreed plan of action
· Actively coordinate project Design, implementation, monitoring and reporting
· Coordinate with all agencies working in child protection and the Office of the Prime Minster in the camp to ensure compliance to inter agency and World Vision International standards for implementing child protection and Education in emergencies (CiE) as well as peace building activities
· Organize meetings with key stakeholders in Adjumani to influence policies, planning and practice in line with the outcomes of the advocacy events
· Implement and monitor project activities towards realization of project outputs in a timely and effective manner.
· Regularly monitor progress of activity implementation to ensure highest quality standards and accountability based on LEAP framework, the IASC and WVI standards
· Actively participate in program design process specifically in assessments and generating community priority needs in participation, psychosocial and peace building
· Develop regular monthly, quarterly and annual project management reports
· Prepare detailed implementation plans based on approved and funded proposals and submit to Response Manager for approval
Partnership, Networking & Advocacy:
· Represent WV Uganda Program in child protection, Peace Building, participation and psychosocial Forums at the field level and establish strategic partnerships with other organizations
· Establish and liaise closely with other partners, agencies and local leaders regarding project activities to ensure and promote a coordinated approach to project implementation, including participation in relevant workshops, meetings and to keep the Response Manager informed
· Develop a network of information gathering relevant to child protection ,Peace Building, participation and psychosocial operations
· Establish appropriate contacts with local counterparts at the Counties and district level
Financial Management Budget control and Monitoring:
· Work closely with the Social Protection Coordinator and Finance Officer in preparation of budgets, financial projections, expenditure monitoring and preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial and narrative reports and submit them within the agreed timeframe to appropriate people
· Offer support in the preparation of requisitions for appropriate project supplies in line with approved DIPs from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision Social Protection Facilitator should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Peace-Building, Sociology, International Relations, Conflict studies or other related field.
· At least three years’ field experience working with Communities in Peace-Building and/or child protection programming and program management in an NGO context.
· Past exposure and experience with integration / mainstreaming of peacebuilding and conflict-sensitivity across other programmes and projects is a plus.
· Past experience in working with communities. Very strong communication skills
· Working knowledge of humanitarian industry including sphere standards, NGO code of conduct and humanitarian charter
· Excellent analytical, documentation, problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills
· Possess the ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organizations and NGOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships.
· Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
· Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
· Ability to cope and deal with stress and work under stressful work conditions is a requirement
· Show commitment to World Vision Core Values and Vision Statement
· Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 31st August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline