Organization: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Credit Supervisor
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 32 networked branches and six contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer, regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Credit Officer – Group Guarantee Lending Scheme (GGLS) will mainly be responsible for the mobilization and sensitization of communities about Pride’s financial services; regular meetings with clients in the communities for credit with financial education and management of the meeting place.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with marketing the group lending product.
- In charge of client mobilization, sensitization and training.
- Responsible for loan disbursement
- Follow- up and recovery of loans.
- Promptly post all transactions.
- Ensuring proper filing of all Group Lending documentation.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma in Commerce, Economics, Microfinance, Development Economics, and Development Studies, Business Studies, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, International Business, Financial Services, Business Computing, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management, Social Sciences, SWASA or Education or in any other relevant or related field from a recognized Institution.
- The candidates should possess 2 principal passes at A’ Level.
- Credit passes in English and Mathematics at O’ Level.
- The applicant must be ready to challenge them to continuously to deliver exceptional performance.
- The applicant must be computer literate, highly motivated, innovative and a self-starter.
- Possess excellent presentation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The applicant should possess leadership skills.
- The applicant must be honest, trustworthy and have a high degree of integrity.
- Seasoned, professional and experience teachers are encouraged to apply.
- Candidates should also be fluent in commonly used local languages and should indicate the local language(s) spoken.
- Emotional intelligence
- Oral communication skills
- Written communication and report writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, Business acumen
- Customer awareness, Cross-selling
- Computer knowledge
- Able to speak local languages.
- Confidentiality, Self-drive,
- Self-confidence, Integrity, pro-activeness, Compliance to policies, Discipline, Diligence and Efficiency.
- Willing to work in any part of the country.
- Age: Below 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the: Head Human Capital Management, Pride Micro-finance Limited, Victoria Office Park, Block B, Plot 6 -9, Ben Kiwanuka Okot Close, P.O. Box 7566, Kampala, Uganda.
The complete applications should include a detailed curriculum vitae, three referees, copies of academic transcripts, copy of riding permit, postal address and a daytime telephone contact.
NB: All applicants are advised to deal directly with Pride, and canvassing is strictly not allowed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 17th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline