Job Title: Medical Officer (Several Job Placements)
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Reports to: Outreach Team Leaders
Duty Station: All Regions, Uganda
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Job Summary: The Medical Officer will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality family planning and counselling and service provision by his/her outreach team. In addition to the team leader, each outreach team includes at least two additional providers (trained in comprehensive counselling, PAC/PAC FP, STMs, and LARCs), and one transport assistant. S/he must be qualified and competent to provide permanent methods. S/he is responsible for quality of service delivery provided by the Outreach Team. S/he is responsible for correct, complete and timely submission of all outreach records and performance data. S/he is responsible supporting outreach team empowerment: 1) meet and exceed MSI global minimum standards for quality and agreed programme deliverables; and 2) comply with all MSI Uganda policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Compliance to Clinical Standards and Operating Procedures
- Ensure compliance with set Outreach protocols and standards
- Ensure that all the required monitoring tools (including but not limited to: stock cards, stock management checklists, Outreach checklists, Quality Assurance Checklists) are available and properly used by team members
2. Data Quality Assurance
- The incumbent will ensure integrity and authenticity of all financial and programmatic data and documentation
- Ensure proper record keeping, including: client records, informed consent forms, stock cards, and event tracking
- Completion of HMIS data validated by public health facilities and is cross-referenced with CLIC and vehicle tracking data
3. Clinical Quality Assurance
- Assure standards of all services, counselling and infection prevention
- Ensure monthly self-administered quality assurance assessments are done and that necessary steps are taken to improve performance
- Ensure team members receive training as necessary and performance improves accordingly
4. Logistics Management
- Correct storage and forecasting of stock minimum and maximum levels
- Prepare and submit monthly stock reports to Outreach Operations Officer
- Correct implementation of stock management protocols
5. Partnership and Coordination:
- Effectively liaise with Communications to effectively coordinate demand creation activities
- Build partnerships within the districts with NGOs/CBOs to help in mobilization of clients for FP services
- Effectively collaborate with SF Coordinators to ensure opportunities for coordination and collaboration are maximized.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Compliance with all MSI Uganda clinical protocols and standards for outreach
- Monitoring tools are available, understood and implemented routinely
- Compliance with all informed consent protocols and appropriate documentation for all clients
- QTA scores
- Complete, accurate, and authenticated data captured and appropriately documented
- Timely submission of all data and documentation required for performance dashboards
- No stock-outs
- Accurate and up to date stock cards
- Effective scheduling to ensure implementation against agreed work plans and outreach schedules
- Effective collaboration with other MSI Uganda channels
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold University Degrees in Medicine. or Health Science or similar;
- Broad working knowledge and ability to provide; Clinical service Provision, Family Planning, Community Outreach and Social Marketing an added advantage
- Previous exposure and knowledge of FP service delivery at community level
- Previous experience managing and motivating teams
- Ability to manage and implement activities to agreed work plans, within budget and in time
- Experience working with public sector facilities desirable
- Fluent in both oral and written English
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution.
- Innovative: Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome.
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other.
- Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands.
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met.
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results.
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
The Medical Officer is required to demonstrate MSI Uganda’s core values of;
- Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
- Equality of opportunity and access
- Value for money in the management of our resources
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their electronic applications including a cover letter, updated CV and academic documents via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 19th August 2016 by 12:00 Noon
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline