Job Title: Relationship Officer (Several Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: ABC Capital Bank Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Operations
ABC Capital Bank started its journey in 1993, as a deposit taking financial institution then trading by the name Capital Finance Corporation Limited. Licensed and supervised by Bank of Uganda under the Financial Institutions Act 2004, Capital Finance Corporation Limited offered a wide range of products such as savings accounts, business accounts, fixed deposits, business loans services and remittances through Western Union money transfer agency. ABC Capital Bank is part of ABC Group, Kenya and has ambitious growth plans.
Job Summary: The Relationship Officer will build and maintain customer and business relationships with a view to maximizing value and maintaining a good reputation for the Bank.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the interface and support between the bank and the client or prospective clients.
- Maintaining good customer relationship in order to ensure that customer needs are met and are in line with the strategic objectives of the bank.
- Marketing of Banks products and services.
- Identifies and develops corporate business with emphasis on fee income generation, lending and trade finance.
- Promote the bank’s range of services continuously by:
o Updating knowledge of banks products and services with a view to cross selling them.
o Sensitising customers to our branches/regional network.
o Updating knowledge of competitor’s products/pricing.
- Makes customer call on existing and potential customers for development of business.
- Assists Supervisor in identifying and developing of corporate business.
- Assists Supervisor on following up with Customer Calls.
- Managing, monitoring, controlling, and being responsible for the assigned/developed corporate lending portfolio.
- Offer support to the Supervisor in Managing, monitoring, and controlling corporate lending portfolio.
- Prepares Credit Applications and recommending credit facilities to the appropriate final approval authority.
- Arrange for or undertake when required analysis and interpretation of financial statements submitted by customers. Such analysis to be incorporated in the Credit
- Application being submitted for approval.
- Assists Supervisor in Credit appraisal process, recommending credit facilities and submitting customer proposals to the appropriate final approval authority.
- Provides personal service to customers by visiting them (making calls) on the site and reporting work progress to the Supervisor.
- Reviews/prepares Letters of Offer, Call Reports, and other official documentation.
- Assists the Supervisor for preparation of Letters of Offer, Call Reports, and other official documentation.
- Guides Junior staff prepare and maintain different corporate banking reports and databases.
- Scrutinizes security documentation from customers.
- Works closely with professionals, i.e. Advocates, valuers, insurers, etc. (seeking legal opinion on different work related issues, security documentation, technicalities, valuation reports, insurance policies, etc.).
- Monitors existing facilities to ensure any security documentation e.g. Insurances, land rent and rates, audited accounts revaluations that needs to be renewed is done on time.
- Monitors all aspects of the bank’s policy and procedures on credit.
- Monitors existing facilities to make sure they are up-to-date with repayments and if not, follow-up for payments.
- Assists Supervisor with drafting correspondence and communications to customers.
- Initiate corporate customers’ correspondence and communications.
- Monitors and direct/assist junior staff proper filling of correspondence and communications to corporate customers.
- Deals with customer queries over a range of credit matters.
- Monitors and provides leadership to Direct Sales Representatives.
- Direct/assist junior staff on opening current accounts for corporate customers.
- Monitors the TOD for Corporate accounts and liaising with the Branch if other than
- Nairobi on reasons for excess, e.t.c
- Directs/assists/prepares, submit the Weekly Statistics to the Finance Department after clearance by the Supervisor.
- Directs/assists junior staff on banking of customer installment cheques, for payments to accounts.
- Keenly monitors repayment schedule to ensure clearance on a monthly basis to ensure no arrears.
- Ensures corporate customer file is properly maintained and papers filed correctly.
- Assists the Accounts Manager in finalizing Central Bank Returns related to Corporate.
- Assists Supervisor in preparation of budget, taking into account disbursements/repayments, utilisation projections for credit and other business parameters, including trade finance and profitability.
- Builds up professional knowledge on business environment with a view to understand factors affecting customer’s activities.
- Any other matters that may be assigned by the Supervisor from time to time.
- Any other job as may be delegated or assigned by management from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators:-
- Customer growth
- Regular market analysis and evaluation
- Market share
- Market share growth
- Provide regular customer feedback
- Customer satisfaction score
- Customer product awareness score
- Marketing campaigns
- Marketing spend
- Promotional spend
- Customer brand awareness score
- New customers
- Qualified leads
- New accounts
- Internal communications/publications
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the ABC Capital Bank Relationship Officer jobs must hold good university degrees.
- At least two years’ experience in banking in the credit / Marketing field based in the Corporate Unit.
- Good financial management and analytic skills.
- Good word processing skills, strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Computer literacy skills
- Proven Relationship Management skills with customers.
- Ability to handle a diverse loan portfolio and customer base.
- A structured approach to dealing with complex and variable work environments in an independent manner.
- Ability to balance opposing business requirements.
- Ability to balance long term and short term requirements independently
- Excellent evaluation, communication and reporting skills
- Ability to provide advice and cause/effect evaluation to support business decision making
- Independent and logical thinker, yet an achiever and implementer
- Leads by example
- Good at managing large volumes of information and can add value through management reporting
- Builds relationships and networks easily
- Has a strong service ethic
How to Apply:
Al suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications including a signed cover letter, CV and three reputable references to email@example.com
Deadline: 22nd August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline