Job Title: Driver (Several Jobs)
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Transport & Logistics Officer
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Driver will offer safe driving and logistical support
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent drives Authority vehicle for official travel and business as assigned both in and outside Kampala
- Ensures the vehicle assigned is maintained in a good running condition
- Ensures the vehicle is clean and maintains a high standard of services to both internal staff and external guests
- Maintains a vehicle movement log: daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes etc
- Ensures punctual and safe transport services
- Ensures the vehicle is kept secure and performs regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: oil, water, battery, tyres etc
- Maintains a vehicle service log and advises the Supervisor when the vehicle is due for service
- The incumbent also reports any defects to the Supervisor and in case of an accident reports immediately to the Supervisor and the Police
- The incumbent also ensures vehicle has necessary accessories including a spare tyre and that these are kept safely at all times
- Ensures vehicle insurance is valid/ updated at all times
- Fuels vehicle as instructed and keeps a good record of all expenses
- Observes road and traffic laws and regulations
- The Driver ensures safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Driver job opportunity should hold a Uganda Certificate of Education
- Additional training in defensive driving is an added advantage
- Hold a valid driving license for classes B, CM, CH and DL. Possession of classes DM, DH & E is an added advantage.
- A minimum of three years of driving experience in a reputable public or private institution
- A clean driving record
- Ability to communicate well in English (oral and written)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline