Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Programme Manager
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The incumbent will drive authorized passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the World Vision vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with World Vision policies
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive World Vision vehicles/authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with World Vision Vehicle Use & Management Policy.
- The jobholder will deliver packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with World Vision policies.
- Physical inspection/check of vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure etc. prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, etc. in line with World Vision policy.
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on the vehicle at hand to the supervisor using relevant documentation/forms in accordance to World Vision Vehicle Use & Management Policy
- Regularly monitor the security of vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Prepare and submit accurate, complete and timely vehicle monthly reports in line with the World Vision Vehicle Use & Management Policy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Driver employee should hold an Ordinary Level Certificate with at least 2 principle passes
- The applicant should be a certificate in automobile mechanics is an added advantage.
- He /s she should also hold a certificate in Defensive driving from an established driving school/firm is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in driving, with clean driving record of not less than 3 years, preferably with an NGO in northern Uganda
- Possession of two or more Classes of driving permit is preferred
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Agreement with World Vision Christian ethos and commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement
- Computer literacy skills especially in Ms Word and Excel and use of Internet Explorer
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and able to drive long distance and for long hours.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline