Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Data Processing and Production
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Data Production Officer will be tasked with production of documents (cards and /or certificates) while ensuring strict adherence to quality and other set standards, processes and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent plans, implements and oversees the national identity cards production systems, procedures
- The jobholder also organizes and conducts business studies and surveys to improve production methods, systems and procedures and carries out physical inventories to optimize the production cycle
- Plans, develops, publishes and updates standard production manuals and other documentation related to the production process
- Ensures the production quality and cost control
- Keenly monitors production, responds to any technical queries and provides support as needed
- Authorizes access to the production area ensured adherence to security and safety guidelines
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Manager, Data Processing and Production.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Data Production Officer job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Industrial Technology, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related field will be required.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in a reputable public or private organisation
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in software applications
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline