Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Programme Manager
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Community Development Facilitator will guide and facilitate Program Development, Monitoring and Implementation in an Area Development Program (ADP) in line with Program plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Guide ADP programme planning and Development:
- Support and guide ADP scheduled assessments, evaluations, TDI measurements and designs.
- Facilitate development of the ADP design document and AOP/ DIP.
- Gather and analyze community perspectives, and prepare annual work plans and cash flows.
- Write concept papers and proposals for non-sponsorship fundraising.
- In charge of monitoring of progress and achievements of programmes in the ADP.
- Mobilization of communities, local organizations and institutions for programme development and implementation.
- Mobilize community participation in programme/project planning, development, implementation and monitoring.
- Mobilize government institutions and technical staff in the planning and implementation of ADP programmes and plans.
- Mobilize grassroots organizations, Churches and other civil society organizations on poverty reduction.
- Facilitate growth of strong grassroots movements on specific advocacy issues.
- Build ADP level partnerships, networks and coalitions with civil society organizations and local government institutions.
- Build networks with government institutions and other development partners within the ADP in planning and implementation of development programmes.
- Identify and nurture local partnerships with grassroots civil society organizations, Churches and sub county government.
- Build and facilitate the capacity and growth of community and grassroots organizations.
- Build leadership and mobilization capacity of programme/project committees and facilitate their participation in programme/project development activities.
- Facilitate capacity building of communities and local organizations.
- Support and facilitate graduated growth of partnerships and community based organizations.
- Implementation of ADP programmes and interventions in line with approved designs and AOPs/ DIPs.
- Organize community programme development and resource mobilization of planned activities such as community contributions.
- Facilitate the operations and functioning of ADP child protection committee.
- Ensure adherence at ADP of child protection policy, guidelines and protocols.
- Management of sponsorship performance
- Support and facilitate sponsorship staff and sponsorship service operations in the ADP.
- Monitor performance of sponsorship performance in line with child sponsorship standards.
- Proper and efficient management and use of ADP finance and assets.
- Ensure ADP financial and asset resources are managed and used in line with policy guidelines.
- Provide accurate and timely variance explanations on ADP over and under expenditures.
- Monitoring and track progress of programme implementation.
- Organize ADP level forum to assess progress of implementation of planned activities.
- Keenly monitor progress of programme/project interventions against plans within the ADP.
- Organize review, reflection and learning forum for ADP staff, community, local organizations and government.
- Documentation and sharing of programme learnings.
- Produce ADP quality and timely reports to keep track of progress of planned activities within the area of operation.
- Prepare and submit timely and quality bi-annual and annual reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Community Development Facilitator employee should hold a University degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education or any other related field.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working with communities in a development field.
- The applicant must be highly reliable and independent.
- Must be able to identify training needs among supervisees
- Possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Broad knowledge of development work and ability to integrate it with sponsorship
- The applicant must also be competent in managing business processes in large organizations.
- Good budget and personnel management skills
- Good writing skills
- Excellent networking and advocacy skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Riding skills with a valid class A driving permit is a must.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline