Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, Registration and Operations
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Citizenship Verification Officer will verify the authenticity of registration applicants and determine their citizenship as will be instructed by the Manager Registration and Operations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will ensure detailed Citizenship Verification as per set processes and guidelines
- Examines the documentation attached to applications/requests, ensures they meet requirements and make queries as appropriate
- The jobholder also checks and ensures correctness of data captured
- Authenticates and authorizes the right date of production upon decision of citizenship made
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Manager Registration and Operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Citizenship Verification Officer job vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Law, Social Sciences or other related field from a recognized University
- A minimum of three years relevant work experience in a reputable public or private organization
- Prior experience in Citizenship verification of at least one year
- Computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline