Job Title: Accounts Assistant (Several Job Placements)
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will carry out routine accounting activities involving data entry, financial records keeping, sorting and verifying documentations and preparing books of accounts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent writes cash book and post entries to produce correct balances to each account and to every control account
- Writes revenue and payment vouchers and ensures that all supporting documents are attached thereto
- Keeps petty cash and ensures that it is replenished regularly
- The Accounts Assistant secures appropriate signatures on all vouchers as per set guidelines
- Files and takes custody of accounting records
- The incumbent will also periodically compiles a trial balance
- Posts the vouchers and produces correct balances to each account and to every control account.
- Secures supporting documents and/or authority to back all expenditure vouchers
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Accounts Assistant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Commerce, Business Administration or Accounting from a recognized University
- Three years of relevant working experience.
- Hands-on experience in using computerized financial accounting packages.
- Computer literacy including experience using Microsoft Office packages
- Impeccable level of personal integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 24th August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline