Job Title: Service Centre Operations Support Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Manager Service Centers & Connect Stores
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
Job Summary: The Service Centre Operations Support Manager will cultivate a high service and sales culture while ensuring the smooth running of the Service centers through optimum utilization of resources
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the recruitment, performance and development of staff in the Service Centers.
- Mentor and coach direct reports
- The incumbent will develop a credible employee value proposition to maximize employee engagement and promote loyalty.
- In charge of the implementation of the Service Centre HR operations in respect to Service Centre contract staff recruitment, training and discipline.
- Manage the 3rd Party service providers in the Service Centers
- Implement appropriate strategies to manage risk within Company risk appetite parameters.
- The jobholder will manage Service Centre stock through formulation & implementation of the necessary controls in the Service Centers
- Formulate and implement controls in respect of Mobile Money Float and Sales (Cash) in the Services Centers
- Perform periodic quality checks and implement strategies to ensure performance improvement and relevance to the ever changing customer needs.
- Ensure that Service Centers maintain the approved Look & Feel as per the C.I
- The jobholder will implement appropriate strategies for achieving both the Retail & service strategies by managing the customer experience at the Service Centers .
- Develop strategies to fully support the MTN Customer Experience program.
- To support the achievement of set revenue targets; Devices, Connections and deployment of cross sell and upsell strategies
- To set in place mechanisms for each service center to be an integral part of the Regional team and to form part of the MTN regional proposition in an effective manner.
- Actively promote and enforce strategic change in order to realize both the Service Centre and Business objectives
- Facilitate the planning of the Service Centre Strategies and annual Budgets
- Plan and monitor implementation of the Service Centre operational activities and annual budgets.
- Prepare and submit management reports as required
- Build and manage relationships and nurture synergies with the supporting business units
- Improve operational efficiencies by formulating and implementing business processes in the Service Centers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the MTN Uganda Service Centre Operations Support Manager must possess a B. Com degree in Finance or Accounting, Business Administration or a numerate discipline
- At least five years prior work experience in area of specialization
- A minimum of three years of leadership experience/managing teams.
- Previous experience working in a medium to large organization
- Prior experience in financial and stock management an advantage
- At least two years’ driving experience in a manual transmission vehicle
- Broad knowledge of best practice customer service principles
- Business process optimization
- Good Customer Care Principles & Techniques
- Excellent stress management abilities
- A strong business acumen
- Good financial and planning skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed coordinating Techniques
- People management, financial and stock management skills.
- Good interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to quality and high performance.
- Highly resilience, self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to learn and unlearn.
NB: Please note that presentation of false academic documents and certification will lead to criminal prosecution.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs, certified copies of certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees to Recruitment Officer, MTN- Uganda, P.O. Box 24624, Kampala, (MTN Towers).
Deadline: 15th August, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline