Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Reports to: Director District Operations
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Job ID: 13-9170
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a nonprofit international health organization composed of nearly 2500 people from more than 74 nationalities working in over 50 countries. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Together with our partners, we are helping managers and leaders in developing countries to create stronger management systems that improve health services for the greatest health impact.
Job Summary: The Senior Technical Advisor is the key contact and liaison with the 12 districts that the project supports to enhance their management of the decentralized health system, which includes health facilities and communities. The person guides and advises the project on provision of technical, financial and in-kind support that is required or requested by the districts. The incumbent will act as a key liaison and point of contact and support between the project and districts, the DHA will support and participate in a variety of district supports and fora. The can include but are not limited to the following:
- The DHA will also be responsible for and managing partner relationship at district and above district levels.
- The DHA will also support the involvement of district in supporting and facilitating HF teams to conduct HTC and VMMC outreach efforts in PEPFAR determined priority districts, which is currently Mbale and Busia.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take lead of the project’s technical support and guidance to districts for management of their decentralized health system, including provision of technical, in-kind and financial assistance and communicating donor guideline, standards and allowable costs
- Work in liaison with the project's Gender Technical Advisor, to co-ordinate the technical support of the District Network Specialist.
- Work with District Health Management Team’s (DHMT) and its technical officers to support their involvement in project conducted and independent mentorship visits to supported health facilities (HFs)
- Work in close partnership with the project’s VMMC/Outreach Advisor, facilitate district support, planning and implementation by the HF staff of HTC and VMMC outreaches to the community
- Lead project participation in SDS validation exercises, conducted jointly by SDS, implementing partners and district staff.
- Support MoH mandated support supervision to its HFs, and collaborates with the SDS project, which partially funds the supervision
- Attend monthly DHO team meetings on an ad hoc basis when invited, which may involve being requested to address resource gaps.
- Support and attend quarterly Extended District Health Management Team (EDHMT) review meetings, which involve technical and other support, as well as information for the review in the areas of project technical focus, such as HTC, ART, PMTCT, and lab.
- Lead project participation in the quarterly district HMIS review meeting, where district HMIS data is reviewed and analyzed for assessing district performance on key MoH indicators.
- Attend and support quarterly DMC meetings, where overall performance on SDS supported activities is reviewed, as well as progress on earlier identified action points, and future priority actions to address.
- Manage and co-ordinate partner relationship at regional and district level.
- Provide regular and timely communication of activity outcomes to Senior Management Team.
- Perform any other tasks as deemed necessary by management
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Senior Technical Advisor career opportunity should preferably hold a Master’s Degree in a health related field
- At least seven years’ experience, including prior experience with HIV& TB programming
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in written and spoken English
- Previous USAID experience an advantage
- Good computer skills
- Ability to travel
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 26th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline