Job Title: Senior Sanitation & Hygiene Project Officer
Organization: International Lifeline Fund (ILF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Lifeline Fund (“Lifeline”) is an entrepreneurial non-profit organization that practices pragmatic community-led development to spark catalytic change that can profoundly improve the quality of human life. Lifeline engages deeply with communities and local partners to bring long-term solutions to clean water and basic amenities that are key to building healthy communities. Lifeline believes communities can create lasting change harnessing the untapped energy of local leaders, women and small business entrepreneurs as drivers of this change.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in the development and use of methodologies for health and sanitation project implementation.
· Significantly contribute to the development of tools and materials for community development, preventative education and household sanitation (PHAST and CHCs).
· Actively contribute to the monitoring of health and sanitation activities, evaluation and the development and implementation of a learning framework for the ILF WASH programme.
· Contribute to the development of ILF WASH Programme annual implementation plan and to other funding proposals and reporting as required.
· Contribute to programme advocacy and external representation on issues relating to health, hygiene and sanitation.
· Implement the hygiene and sanitation activities in ILF funded WASH Programme including:
· Carrying out programme planning meetings with each of the programme partners and other stakeholders in targeted communities where applicable.
· Promoting WASH activities in target communities and facilitate these communities to take ownership and responsibility to construct, use and maintain hygiene and sanitation facilities, adherence to safe water chain principles and promotion of Hand Washing.
·Actively participate in the selection and training of sanitation masons.
· Arranging the promotion of sanitation options in target communities.
· Assisting in the implementation of the demand led sanitation construction, which includes the provision of information for materials supply & procurement and ongoing financial management.
Undertake health and sanitation education and training activities. This includes:
· In charge of reviewing and making recommendations to improve existing health education methodologies in use.
· Carrying out refresher health training to district health staff and partner organizations.
· Supervising trained Trainers and undertaking community outreach health training as well as follow up training with target communities.
· Actively facilitating community exchange visits to model health communities.
· Coordinate with the M&E team and give due attention to the documentation and record keeping of the deliverables such as statistics on our CHC’s, WUC’s, BH’s baseline data and internal report writing.
· Work in close liaison with the WASH Programme Manager, assist with monitoring & evaluating all health and sanitation inputs and project outcomes, in accordance with the programme indicators established.
· Collate relevant information and assist with the reporting requirements to donors.
· Keep in regular contact with the district local government Projects and with other relevant partners, associates or institutions as appropriate.
· Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the WASH Programme Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Senior Sanitation & Hygiene Project Officer should hold a relevant University Degree
· Excellent report writing skills
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office, knowledge of Statistical software’s is a plus
· Good presentation skills and ability to communicate to varied audiences, including those with limited literacy
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
· Ability to plan own work, set priorities and manage time effectively
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
· Patience and tolerance for other perspectives
· Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on tasks and learn to apply new health and hygiene methodologies in community settings
· Ability to quickly understand local cultural and customary norms
· A commitment to ILF’s values
· Excellent verbal communication skills in English and Luo-as an added advantage
· Ability to ride a Motorcycle and having a valid driving permit in this respect (preferred)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application, updated CV including all scanned copies if academic, professional credentials and testimonials via e-mail to: HR@Lifelinefund.org. Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the email subject line.
Deadline: 26th September, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline